Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry blah blah lookups and bmd stuff

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 18:06

one at a time please.........try and be clear and no long prose if you can !!

Smiley

Smiley Report 22 Mar 2006 18:37

You look lonely.... I cannot find this one in 1901, I would appreciate some help Name: Drusilla May Kerswell Year of Registration: 1898 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: St Thomas County: Devon Volume: 5b Page: 40 I know she goes on to marry Charles Hiam in 1918 in St Thomas Cheers Sam

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 18:39

hello smiley-your protruberances look different somehow-less african imo .:))))

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 18:46

I think she was adopted and her name changed to mabel- using her original name for marriage.

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 18:48

Name: Mabel Kerswell Age: 3 Estimated birth year: abt 1898 Relation: Adopted Household: View other family members Gender: Female Where born: Totnes, Devon, England Civil parish: Dartmouth Ecclesiastical parish: St Saviour and Townstal County/Island: Devon Country: England Street address: View image Condition as to marriage: View image Education: View image Employment status: View image Occupation: View image Source information: RG13/2069 Registration district: Totnes Sub-registration district: Dartmouth ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Folio: 39 Page: 22 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 140 View original image View blank form

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 19:05

better still.....they dropped the first name for the census and this entry is precisely the right area Name: May Kerswell Age: 2 Estimated birth year: abt 1899 Relation: Daughter Household: View other family members Gender: Female Where born: Topsham, Devon, England Civil parish: Topsham Ecclesiastical parish: St Luke Town: Countess Weir County/Island: Devon Country: England Street address: View image Condition as to marriage: View image Education: View image Employment status: View image Occupation: View image Source information: RG13/2032 Registration district: St Thomas Sub-registration district: Topsham ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Folio: 98 Page: 21 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 24 View original image View blank form

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 19:10

mays parents are william and ellen but I expected the mother to be called drusilla aswell-because one was born 20 years before (and with a similar middle name)

Dea

Dea Report 22 Mar 2006 19:15

Nice te see ya Alter !! - Still lookin for George !! Dea x Found the Tricker's yet??

Pete

Pete Report 22 Mar 2006 20:01

Hi Alter, May I pose a question please? Details from marriage cert Aug 5 1901 in Kemble Glos. William Frank POOLE age 23 Occupation Platelayer (father Joseph POOLE labourer) married Emily Virginia SAUNDERS William's address at time of marriage All Saints Gloucester. The problem: I can't be sure if I have located William in the census 1881 - 1901, with or without his father. A second brain would be appreciated Pete

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 20:35

Name: Emily Virginia Saunders Year of Registration: 1878 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Malmesbury County: Gloucestershire, Wiltshire Volume: 5a ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- it ake it you realise that the marriage in gloucester and her birth there makes sense,but its possible thatthe poole family come from elsewhere? Ive looked at a few william pooles and frank pooles-the father could have been a soldier-the son could have been at grandparents-there is one such example-if you could find the mothers name it would help.

Pete

Pete Report 22 Mar 2006 20:40

Yes, Kemble is near the Wilts and Glos border. Her family is all traced back to 1840's but I can't nail him at all. There is a William Frank POOLE on FreeBMD in Tewkesbury, born c1878 (from memory) but I can't follow a likely one through for him. I have tried using the 'real' 1901 site and doing occupation searches for POOLE but still nothing certain Gotta pop out, parental taxi duties, will check back later Pete

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 20:59

Found him- if you have ancestry- hes staying with his sister-enter william poole 1979 +/- 2 years gloucestershire-brother in law-he is staying at Coney hill-henry whitchead is head of household and married williams sister louisa-henry is 24. Occupation given for william as plate;layer-thats good enough for me.

Heather

Heather Report 22 Mar 2006 21:08

Nice to see you kiddo, blah blah blah! :))

Pete

Pete Report 22 Mar 2006 21:43

Ok back again. Yes I saw that one, but he's listed as married - his wife Minnie and their son are also in the house. The marriage cert (aug 1901 says bachelor for William. Not easy is it? Pete

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 22:07

something not right here-i cant find that marriage for a minnie whitchead and william poole- its still possible that he is the brother of the heads wife,and that his details wetre handed in in his absence-there is no other reference to someone with that name and occupation-dont believe in coincidences.

Pete

Pete Report 22 Mar 2006 22:18

Yes, there is something about this household that required more delving. However, it is late, I have spent much of today musing this and making little progress. Tomorrow, with fresh eyes, I'll look again thanks for your time and efforts Pete

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 22:22

Ive checked again-they were not a married couple,and how strange that a lady called emily poole died in march 1901(time of the census)-the age given is 31,but this could be 21 mistranscribed.

Pete

Pete Report 22 Mar 2006 22:35

Marriages Jun 1900 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Foxwell Edward De Courcey Gloucester 6a 648 Hill Henry John Gloucester 6a 648 >>>Poole William James Gloucester 6a 648 RICKETTS Clara Gloucester 6a 648 >>>Whitehead Minnie Catherine Gloucester 6a 648 I think that may exclude this William Poole

The Ego

The Ego Report 22 Mar 2006 22:40

ah-a mistranscription on ancestry then-so william is now william james marrying minnie catherine WHITEHEAD>

Pete

Pete Report 22 Mar 2006 22:46

Yup! and I want a William Frank Poole, or a william , or a Frank, etc