Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message for Lynn Re copy & paste

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maud

Maud Report 22 Oct 2005 18:27

Hi I DONE IT !!! I can hardly believe what I have done! At first I seemed to be making a 'cock up' of it I did not seem to get the hang of the right clicking part, and then suddenly I got it and the menu appeared, so I did as suggested and followed the instructions given on your second option and I was really scared the whole way in case I was doing something daft and everything would disappear into some unknown void!! I was a bit stumped at first by knowing what to click on for the word processing part and then thought, well I usuall click on start and then on word processing and then have a floppy disc in and start typing, then I click save etc, so I thought I would try that & see what happened I was astonished when I once again opened the disc to the part I had thought I was copying the text I named it Francis Rose, and I could hardly believe my eyes when THERE IT WAS I had no Idea it was so easy ,Believe me, I can hardly wait for my son to come in, so I can crowe about what I`ve done on ALL ON MY OWN I wrote down all the instructions you had given and then typed them up, so I could follow each step as I was trying to do the process, so I was so amazed that it worked!! Just wait till I see my son, I`m sure he will hardly believe I`ve done it on my own, he usually sits and very patiently gives me instructions, and usually I end up arguing with him as I gradually make a mess of what I`m trying to do, before I finally GET IT I`ve started to think I must be a bit 'do lally' in my old age, so its nice at last to be able to prove to him that I`m learning at last to experiment all on my own Thank you once again for your help and the instructions which were so clear & easy to follow