Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message for Lynn Re copy & paste

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maud

Maud Report 22 Oct 2005 18:27

Hi I DONE IT !!! I can hardly believe what I have done! At first I seemed to be making a 'cock up' of it I did not seem to get the hang of the right clicking part, and then suddenly I got it and the menu appeared, so I did as suggested and followed the instructions given on your second option and I was really scared the whole way in case I was doing something daft and everything would disappear into some unknown void!! I was a bit stumped at first by knowing what to click on for the word processing part and then thought, well I usuall click on start and then on word processing and then have a floppy disc in and start typing, then I click save etc, so I thought I would try that & see what happened I was astonished when I once again opened the disc to the part I had thought I was copying the text I named it Francis Rose, and I could hardly believe my eyes when THERE IT WAS I had no Idea it was so easy ,Believe me, I can hardly wait for my son to come in, so I can crowe about what I`ve done on ALL ON MY OWN I wrote down all the instructions you had given and then typed them up, so I could follow each step as I was trying to do the process, so I was so amazed that it worked!! Just wait till I see my son, I`m sure he will hardly believe I`ve done it on my own, he usually sits and very patiently gives me instructions, and usually I end up arguing with him as I gradually make a mess of what I`m trying to do, before I finally GET IT I`ve started to think I must be a bit 'do lally' in my old age, so its nice at last to be able to prove to him that I`m learning at last to experiment all on my own Thank you once again for your help and the instructions which were so clear & easy to follow