Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 census lookups available

Page 0 + 1 of 19

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robyne

Robyne Report 16 Oct 2005 18:35

Ive done this before, but ive come to a stalemate with my tree so if you need any lookups for the below counties let me know

Robyne

Robyne Report 16 Oct 2005 18:37

Cornwall Staffs Warwickshire Wilts Herefordshire Monmouthshire Worcestershire Derbyshire Nottinghamshire Somerset Dorset Lincs Norfolk Essex Suffolk Cambs Devon Gloucs

Susan

Susan Report 16 Oct 2005 19:25

Hi Robyne Could you please have a look for a Samuel Warner born around 1822 in either Monksoham or Southolt, Suffolk. His father's name was Robert and his mother was Mary. He might have been married by this time in which case his wife's name was Eliza. If he wasn't married could you please look for his wife and her family, Eliza Mullinger, I think she was born in Bedingfield around 1820. Many thanks for this kind offer. Susan

Robyne

Robyne Report 16 Oct 2005 20:16

There are only 2 Samuels of the right age and they are living alone, do you know his occupation? Think i have mum and dad Robert 40 mariner mary 40 mary ann 15 eleanor 15 maria ann 13 Robert 10 living in Baker St, Gorleston, suffolk

Robyne

Robyne Report 16 Oct 2005 20:19

Eliza Mullinger Mary 75 William 50 ag lab Frances 50 Eliza 20 Benjamin 15 Anthony 14 John 12 James 1 Living at Bulls Hall, Bedfield

Vicky

Vicky Report 16 Oct 2005 20:49

Hi Robyne Any chance you could look up East Harptree, in Somerset, please. I am after: William Harper b. about 1780, Probably working as ag lab. Wife ? Don’t know when she died, but it was before 1851. at least 2 daughters Sarah b. 1817 Hester b. 1819. Possibly others I am hoping the other William Harper b. about 1820 in East Harptree is his son. Is William somewhere else in the village? Also: Thomas Tovey b. 1797 wife Frances b. 1810 may or may not have a very young baby Emma (B. 1841). Would be interested if there is anyone else at all in the same household – sister, cousin etc. Many thanks Vicky

Robyne

Robyne Report 16 Oct 2005 22:11

Willam Harper 60 Gardener Ann 60 Elizabeth 30 Sarah 25 Hester 25 Water St,East Harptree There is another William aged 40 with wife Sarah 30, do you want that? That is the only other one in the area, a couple out of the area Thomas Tovay 40 occupation looks like M.J? Frances 30 Emma 1 mth Bluebowl Road, West Harptree No other Tovays but a lot of Harpers in the area Had a look to see when it was taken, im presuming it was around the March/ April time as usual

Vicky

Vicky Report 16 Oct 2005 22:20

Thanks Robyne, that's great. Just checked 1841 census date was 6/7 June, so that's pinpointed Emma's birth very nicely. I am sure all the Harpers MUST be related but till I can get some more info from Parish records or whatever I'll pass on them for now, thanks. Otherwise it will be like doing a jigsaw when you're not sure what the picture is (or there might even be 2 separate ones mixed up) At least I've got William's wife's first name now, to attempt to find their marriage! Thanks for all your help. Vicky

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 16 Oct 2005 22:30

Hi, Thanks for your kind offer. I am trying to trace John Boswell born 1808 in Gloucestershire, and his wife Rebecca born 1810 in Huntingdonshire. The problem is that they were gypsies and I do not know exactly where they might be! Although I think they should be in the Staffordshire/Worcestershire area. They tended to travel in family groups, often with John's brothers Alfred, born 1819 and Rudolphus born 1825. I know this is a big task, so if it's asking too much I understand! Thanks. Pat

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Oct 2005 22:35

Robyne If your kind offer still stands, I would like a Gloucestershire lookup please. Village is CHEDWORTH, and I am looking for any EMMS/EMMMES/EMES/EMIN/ or even HEMS families, plus the family of GILES PURVEY. Many thanks in advance nell

Louise

Louise Report 16 Oct 2005 22:40

Hi Thanks for the offer. Please could you look up some OLIVERs for me. I'm particularly looking for a Thomas OLIVER born around 1829 probably in or around Bromsgrove. He may have been with his father also Thomas, an ironworker. Thomas was later a boatman. He got married in Cleobury Mortimer in 1850 so may have been in Shropshire, Worcestershire or Warwickshire. His wife was Margery/Marjery/Margaret CRAN(N)AGE (born about 1828) from Shropshire who was probably still with her mother Eleanor BRITTAN in Cleobury. Thank you, best wishes Louise Oliver

Vicky

Vicky Report 16 Oct 2005 22:41

Robyne, if you're not too busy... bit of a long shot this, and if its too much then please don't feel obliged. Don't know how big the place was then. Any sign of a William Tovey in Hinton Blewitt, no idea of age but likely to be at least 60. (Might be dead of course!) Many thanks Vicky

Kaz

Kaz Report 16 Oct 2005 23:09

Hi Robyne, If you are still offering lookups would you mind looking if you can find Martha Harlow b. ca 1837, presumably living in Lincoln and hopefully with parents William and Sarah. Siblings could be Samuel, Sarah, Emma and Charles, Thanks a lot in advance Karen

Anne

Anne Report 16 Oct 2005 23:30

If you are able I would be delighted if you could do a look up for Uttoxeter, Staffordshire. John BABB c1890, a Farm labourer and his wife Dinah (Diana)c1803, their children were Mary c1826 (I think she may have left home), Elizabeth c1828, Eliza c1831, Jeffrey c 1833, Sarah c1837 and John c1840. Many thanks Anne

Maureen

Maureen Report 17 Oct 2005 00:50

Hi Robyne Would be very grateful if you could look up a WILLIAM SMITH born Southgate, Norwich,Norfolk c1818 or if there are any families by the name of TINKLER shown in Lowestoft Suffolk/Norfolk many thnaks maureen

Susan

Susan Report 17 Oct 2005 06:50

Many thanks for the great info Robyne. Best wishes Susan

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 17 Oct 2005 08:44

Hi Robyne, Many thanks for your offer of 1841 look ups. I am looking for two sisters who were born in Erlestoke in Wiltshire. Rebecca Miles was christened in 1828 in Erlestoke and was living in Staverton in 1851. Her sister Hannah was christened in 1834, again in Erlestoke and was working on a dairy farm in Rowde, Wiltshire in 1851. Thanks again Liz

Robyne

Robyne Report 17 Oct 2005 20:14

Sorry there is no Boswell's in any of the areas (not of the right age and name anyway) Robyne

Robyne

Robyne Report 17 Oct 2005 20:18

I have found William Hemms 60 Ag Lab Jane 45 Mary 17 John 15 Maria 10 Elizabeth 5 In Chedworth No Giles Purvery in Chedworth or Gloucs. Other Purveys though Robyne

Robyne

Robyne Report 17 Oct 2005 20:28

Sorry not much luck with Thomas Oliver. The only one i have is living with Fanny in Bromsgrove. No Eleanor Brittan or Majory in the right area