Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 is now on line!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 7 Oct 2005 15:25

Just searched on the off chance and its there :-) Karen

Angela

Angela Report 7 Oct 2005 15:29

Yippee. Will have some fun with that now.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Oct 2005 15:29

Your Exact Search for John returned no matches 1851 It isn't there yet

Karen

Karen Report 7 Oct 2005 15:31

go through 1851-census and its there and you can search and get the details :-)

Angela

Angela Report 7 Oct 2005 15:31

False hopes built up there. It isn't on mine either.

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Oct 2005 15:36

1851 United Kingdom Census Sample That's all I get regarding 1851

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 7 Oct 2005 15:37

If you go through Ancestry, it only brings up the sample. www(.)1851-census(.)co(.)uk type in your ancestors name, then it will take you a link in Ancestry where you can view the image. Gem:)))

Angie

Angie Report 7 Oct 2005 15:38

I've got it Think it may go into overload now get ready for it to crash soon. Angie

LincsJen

LincsJen Report 7 Oct 2005 15:38

Put your details in the search box on the 1851 census page and as lomg as you are logged on to Ancestry the results come up! Excited!! Jenny

Angie

Angie Report 7 Oct 2005 15:41

Just got first image wey hey. Angie

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Oct 2005 15:45

Ok, I got it working on Ranked, but not on Exact. Well done Karen, my apologies :)

Sarah

Sarah Report 7 Oct 2005 15:49

Oh my word!!! My husband will be distraught as I'll be stuck at the computer for the foreseeable future!!!! THANK YOU ANCESTRY!!!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2005 15:58

Not sure how complete it is though I've just tried looking for some of mine who's info I already have and they don't appear

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 7 Oct 2005 15:59

Hi I can still only get a sample for 1851 am I doing something wrong? Cheryl

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 7 Oct 2005 16:03

Lou, I agree there. I don't think it's working properly at all. Cheryl, there are directions to make it work on Karens post in the Records Office.

*****BMDMAD*****

*****BMDMAD***** Report 7 Oct 2005 16:21

I found it!!!! - i went in via 1851-census*co*uk - searched for my family in Northumberland that I was desperate to trace and FOUND them. I am so excited. I have just proved a very distant link to another GR member but am just so pleased - I want to shout from the roof tops!

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2005 16:37

Ohh Santa simply has to bring me a subscription now!!!!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Oct 2005 16:38

Yes, at least some of it is online. Doesn't seem to work in quite the same way as the rest of the census on Ancestry, but at least it's a start. Still can't get it by logging on normally to Ancestry though. Have to go in through www.1851-census(.)co(.)uk I'm another one who will be glued to the computer for goodness knows how long. Kath. x

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 7 Oct 2005 16:49

Oooh where's Heather? She wanted to be first to spot it - she'll be sooo disappointed! Well I was just about to go to bed as it's midnight here - but to hell with it, sleep is over-rated I reckon! Richard

Georgette

Georgette Report 7 Oct 2005 16:50

Just had a go - it's so exciting! I'm supposed to be going away for the weekend, perhaps I should cancel? Tee Hee!! Helenxx