Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 census lookups offered

Page 0 + 1 of 9

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 15:06

I've asked so many times for help, and theres not much that i can usually give back. So see the locations below in a mo. Please dont send any PM's but give lots of info here if you can

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 15:08

Cambridgshire Derbyshire Devon Dorset Essex Gloucestershire Herefordshire Lincolnshire Monmouthshire Norfolk Nottinghamshire Somerset suffolk Worcestershire

Christine

Christine Report 22 Aug 2005 15:43

Hi Robyne Thank you for the kind offer. I'm looking for a Harriet Balls from Norfolk. She was born c1833/4 in Norwich - her father was John Balls, but I don't have any details on him. A kind GR member did look for me the other week but couldn't find anything on her - but if your source is different I might be lucky - I can only hope. Many thanks Christine

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 16:07

Hi I have a Harriet Balls, living with broth John (20) and what looks like Maria (40) but no dad. She is age 7 and says born in Norwich. Do you know what her mum was called? I also have a Harriet Balls, dad John (30) Mary (30) and Mary (6) East Dereham. That part of the page is really bad, but it looks like John's occupation was something beginning with M Hope that helps

Roy

Roy Report 22 Aug 2005 16:08

Hi Robyne, Would you please look up Mary Leivers or Leevers b. abt 1835 Newthorpe Notts & Sister Sarah b. abt 1840. Many Thanks Roy.

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 16:11

William Land. There are several in Norfolk aged 20 and 30, one aged 25 Married to mary, children Sarah and Joseph. Looks like he was a linen weaver? Let me know if you want the others

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 16:17

Mary Lievers John and Christina (30) Thomas (5) George(3) Sarah (1) in the Newthorpe Greasley Parish There is no job listed for father but could be coal miner

Trudy

Trudy Report 22 Aug 2005 16:23

Hi Robyne Thanks so much Am looking for Caroline Cox Broadfield born circa. 1924 Kidderminster Worcestershire (have possible christening for her from IGI on 4/12/1825 in Kidderminster) and her parents Caroline Cox and Robert Broadfield. Caroline Cox Broadfield went on to marry my 3x g grandfather Henry Butt in 1843 in Kidderminster - so am hoping they might be all together on the 1841 - am especially interested to confirm her parents names and any siblings. Kind regards Trudy

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 16:24

William Land William and Hannah (40) Ag Lab William (20) Carpenters Ap Gemma (11) John (9) Edwin(7) mary (5) Charles (3) Great Common, North Lopham

Roy

Roy Report 22 Aug 2005 16:31

Hi Robyne, Thanks for your reply, no sign of Mary then ? Regards Roy.

Julie

Julie Report 22 Aug 2005 16:36

Hi Robyne Thank you for your offer. Could you look for me please. Hannah Doughty/Douty b abt 1764 Brancaster, Norfolk. In the 1851 she at Docking Union with her G/daughter Olive Thanks Julie

Christine

Christine Report 22 Aug 2005 16:41

Robyne Thank you so much for that information - I'm pretty certain it is the Harriet living with brother John and Maria probably mother, that I am looking for - you have also helped solve another query I had. On IGI I found a Harriet Balls b 1833 father John and Mother Maria. Harriet's marraige cert gives father as John, but Harriet is living apart from family in 1851 census, so have no confirmation of mother's name or other family members. However in the 1881 census Harriet's daughter is living in Tottenham, London with a John Balls aged 60, so it looks like this John Balls is the brother from the 1841 census and that Maria is the mother. Not sure where dad is though - may have died although it doesn't say deceased on the marriage cert - I'll have to look into that. Again many, many thanks Christine

Wendy

Wendy Report 22 Aug 2005 16:46

Hi Robyne, I am looking for Sarah Cullen in Lincolnshire. In 1851 she was aged 27 and living in Boston. In 1841 the rest of her family were living in Leake, but I have not been able to find her so far. Many thanks, Wendy

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 18:22

Charles Washer and Elizabeth (30) occupation looks like Peaserer? sorry cant really read it too much Jane (10) West Street Bridgewater

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 18:28

sarah Cullen The only one i can find is aged 20 and living on her own in Billinghay. do you know if she had an occupation as on the census is says ( or looks like!) FS?

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 18:30

Julie I cant find Hannah or Olive in 1841. looked for both names Doughty and Douty and nothing came up. maybe they were out of the county?

Robyne

Robyne Report 22 Aug 2005 18:31

Trudy I cant find any Caroline or her parents in 1841.

Julie

Julie Report 22 Aug 2005 18:43

Robyne Thank you for looking It was Hannah i was after as i have Olive with parents in the 1841. Julie

Julie

Julie Report 22 Aug 2005 18:53

Robyne Sorry its me again The Olive with parents i mentioned is Olive Pike A while ago someone sent me the image of the 1841 census for a Matthew Pike ( Olive's father). The image is not very clear could you look for Matthew and under David (the last child) there is what looks like a female Doughty age 60. Many thanks Julie

Wendy

Wendy Report 22 Aug 2005 18:56

Hi Robyne, Sarah Cullen is a bit of a tricky customer! On 1851 she is living with her son and described as married, although Cullen was her maiden name and her occupation is given as 'dress maker' (that's what it looks like). In 1861 she has two more children and now is described as unmarried and occupation is given as 'landed proprietor'. She got married in 1870 and on cert. is described as 'widow'. The Sarah Cullen you found might be the right one, could you give me the ref. number or if i pm you my e-mail addy, perhaps send me a copy? Wendy