Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

superslueths please help ME

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 08:45

I cannot find this person on a census before 1901. help, ideas....anything - determined to crack it, once and for all.

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 08:45

Facts: 1)Bassindale, Ada Mary 1893 September Marriages West Derby Lancashire < Married MELLOR 1901 census Ada Mary Mellor abt 1870 Manchester, Lancashire, England Wife Walton on the Hill Lancashire Ada May Mellor abt 1897 Walton, Lancashire, England Daughter Walton on the Hill Lancashire Jose Rathbone Mellor abt 1895 Bootle, Lancashire, England Son Walton on the Hill Lancashire Samuel Mellor abt 1870 Bootle, Lancashire, England Head Walton on the Hill Lancashire Source information: RG13/3452 folio 56 page 44 ----------------------------------------------------------------- Bassindale, Elizabeth 1890 September Marriages West Derby Lancashire Married FREDERICK BOTTCHER - COULD THIS BE HER SISTER?or indeed her mother? The only 'fall down'is the 1891 census, where Elizabeth Bassindale, married only the year before has an 1883 daughter' called ADA! Can anyone find them anywhere before 1901? except as below 1891> Bottcher, Ada abt 1883 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Walton on the Hill Lancashire** AGED 8 Bottcher, Elizabeth abt 1863 Manchester, Christchurch, Lancashire, England Wife Walton on the Hill Lancashire Bottcher, Emily abt 1886 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Walton on the Hill Lancashire Bottcher, Frances abt 1881 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Son Walton on the Hill Lancashire ** maybe this ones husband Name: Bottcher, Frederick Record Type: Deaths Age at death: 39 Quarter: June Year: 1892 District: Liverpool (1837-1924) County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 79

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jul 2005 08:54

Jess, Do you know if Joyce has the 1893 marriage cert?? (and if yes, has she told you what is on it re fathers details and witnesses?) I know I maybe should have committed this to memory at an earlier stage lol Sarah

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jul 2005 09:00

Sorry if I'm covering old ground, but is this the birth reg for possible sister's dau Ada? I see Elizabeth was perhaps lying about her marital status if she didn't marry until 1890?? Name: BOTTCHER, Ada Alice Record Type: Births Quarter: June Year: 1883 District: Liverpool (1837-1924) County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 94 Sarah

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 09:05

I am only going on the assumption that Elizabeth and Ada are sisters from finding the two Bassingdale marriages in West Derby. I cannot find a birth for Ada Bassindale - said to be 1870+/- 1 She has ADA/SAMUEL marraige cert, Yes, father John Deceaced Witnesses Mary jane BUNFIELD and William SPENCER that doesn't really answer your question though

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jul 2005 09:08

I just wondered if the name Bassindale was a name they were given after birth (stepdads name, or something)??? Wondered what was on the marriage certs re dad..... Have to go out for the day now with kids and a CB radio (think of me lol). Will look back in on you later! Shall I bring my straightjacket?? Sarah

Joy

Joy Report 3 Jul 2005 09:09

trouble is birth registration wasn't compulsory 1870+/- 1! We need some others ... :-) Joy

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 09:11

Some other 'What' Joy?

Joy

Joy Report 3 Jul 2005 09:15

people sorry, Jess. I must write out I must behave. :-) Joy

Victor

Victor Report 3 Jul 2005 09:21

Jess Good morning. Is there any information from the marriage certificate of Ada?? Victor

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 09:24

Married samuel mellor. Father John Deceaced Witnesses Mary jane BUNFIELD and William Spencer

Victor

Victor Report 3 Jul 2005 09:28

Jess Father's occupation? Ada's occupation if any? Victor

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 09:32

another 1901 - just to confuse the issue a bit more Francis James Bottcher abt 1881 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Stepson Walton on the Hill Lancashire Frederick Bottcher abt 1892 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Stepson Walton on the Hill Lancashire Elizabeth Jones abt 1863 Doncaster Head Walton on the Hill Lancashire Lucy Edith Jones abt 1900 Liverpool, Lancashire, England Daughter Walton on the Hill **so it seems Elizabeth that was Bassendale ,that married a Bottcher then married a Jones. *No Ada Evident, BUT Elizabeth BOTTCHER elsewhere as a servant!

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 09:34

Victor, have no idea of her fathers occupation, ADA has no occupation on 1901 census and that is the only true positive sighting of her ** going to have my breakfast, will be back**

Victor

Victor Report 3 Jul 2005 09:38

Jess The reason I asked was becaus of this, did her parents call her Ellen?? Father was John a Printer and Ellen was an Umbrella Worker. A long shot I know. Name: Bascendale, Ellen Age: 19 Estimated birth year: abt 1872 Relation: Daughter Gender: Female Where Born: Manchester, Lancashire Birth Country: England Civil parish: Chorlton on Medlock Ecclesiastical parish: All Saints Town: Manchester County/Island: Lancashire Source information: RG12/3187 Registration district: Chorlton Sub registration district: Chorlton upon Medlock ED, institution, or vessel: 37 Folio: 6 Page: 5 GSU Number: 6098297 Victor

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 10:03

had'nt happened across that one Victor. MMMmmmm.. although with the names Ada Mary i would wonder WHY they would call her Ellen! Phonetically Bassindale/Bascindale it's good.

Victor

Victor Report 3 Jul 2005 10:10

Jess Looked on 1837 between Jan 1868 and Dec 1871 and no Ada to be found. The most popular spelling is BASSINDALE but looked under BASINDALE BASENDALE and BASSENDALE. Victor

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 10:11

Just found a marriage for ADA BOTTCHER in West derby in 1908...... so Ada Bottcher and ADA Bassindale, cant be the same person after all!

Merry

Merry Report 3 Jul 2005 10:14

Am going out now, but don't forget the spelling with an X (Baxin(g)dale) GOODBYE Shall return.... Sarah

The Bag

The Bag Report 3 Jul 2005 10:22

Is my thought that Elizabeth Bassindale, that married the Bottcher that may have been ADA mary sister just adding mud to the water?