Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

England I.G.Index.Ive Just Been Introduced (Hugh W

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:03

I expect most of you knew about it already!! But............ Having been using familysearch the hard way - for months - putting in rellies surname and County. How much better it is to go through England I.G.I. (batch numbers), County by County, then Town, then parish, even the actual churches!! And ending up with a whole list of your ancestors!!! Wooo Hoo!! Marvellous!!

Dea

Dea Report 16 May 2005 20:09

Kim, No, I didn't know about it already but it sounds WONDERFUL. - Please enlighten me with a step by step guide! Dea x

Linen

Linen Report 16 May 2005 20:11

Where????

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:12

Dea!!! It Is wonderful!!! Been playing on there for ages!! I just googled - england igi batch, and up it came!! Easy to use and FREE!!! Have Fun!!!

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 May 2005 20:19

Hi Kim Pleeeeeeeeeease tell us how. Best wishes Hilary

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:23

Hold on ...............will get you the proper website address!! (Its about 10 miles long though).....................

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:28

http://freepages.geneology.rootsweb...S/IGIBatchNumbers(CountryEngland).htm Remove brackets. Bet Ive missed dot or a dash out somewhere!!! Much easier to google!!!

Debby

Debby Report 16 May 2005 20:30

Kim I've just tried it but when I click on the batch nothing happens! Debby

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 May 2005 20:31

Just googled, can't believe it. Been doing it wrong all this time. Hilary

Annie in

Annie in Report 16 May 2005 20:33

Debby, same thing happened to me. I turned off the pop up blocker and it worked

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:34

Do you mean you are clicking on the Batch to get into the site??? Click on the underlined title, then you are IN my friend!!! A list of Counties then comes up! xxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:37

Good Eh???? Annie and Hilary!!! Deb - You In There Yet Gal??? xx

Heather

Heather Report 16 May 2005 20:38

Is this a new site or the Hugh Wallis batches?

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:41

Whos Hugh Wallis??? Now Im totally confused as well!! Not a new site! Just a one Ive been using wrongly (familysearch) for ages!!!! xxx

Debby

Debby Report 16 May 2005 20:41

When I went back on there it was! But has only told me what I already knew - boo hoo! No mother or marriage or children - grr! Off to look for some more now! Thanks Kim Debby

Heather

Heather Report 16 May 2005 20:43

Yes, I just looked, its Hugh Wallis' batch numbers. Oh, I thought it may have something different to the family search - one day I will find mine.

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 May 2005 20:44

Who is Hugh Wallis batches, never heard of that one. Hilary

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 May 2005 20:44

Trust a man to come along and simplify things!!! Cheers Bob!!! xxx (Think it would be a good idea to put this Hugh chap in title of this thread)

Hilary

Hilary Report 16 May 2005 20:50

Hi Kim, thanks for that tip, seems like we are in the dark ages. Can't wait to see if it works for my Scottish rellies as well. Thanks. Hilary

Joy

Joy Report 16 May 2005 21:10

Yes, Hugh Wallis has worked very hard doing this. It's been there for a few years. Joy