Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BORED! - 1901/1891/1881/1871 census+ BDM lookups

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Bag

The Bag Report 22 Mar 2005 21:57

request on thread only.

The Bag

The Bag Report 22 Mar 2005 22:00

IMPORTAINT PLEASE POST ALL THE INFO YOU HAVE. NAMES/YEARS OF BIRTH/PLACES/CHILDREN ETC AND WHICH CENUS YOU WANT ME TO LOOK FOR THE IN . NO REQUEST TO MESSAGE BOX PLEASE! Replies will be via thread too, so please come back. If the reply isn't there, NO I haven't found them.

The Bag

The Bag Report 22 Mar 2005 23:11

sophie James Holley 61 Hedsor, Buckinghamshire, England Lodger Upton with Chalvey Buckinghamshire Alfred Wheeler 4 Notthill, Middlesex, England Son Upton with Chalvey Buckinghamshire George Wheeler 9 Chelvey, Buckinghamshire, England Son Upton with Chalvey Buckinghamshire Henry Wheeler 2 Stoke, Buckinghamshire, England Son Upton with Chalvey Buckinghamshire Mary Wheeler 39 Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire, England Head Upton with Chalvey Buckinghamshire Mary A Wheeler 6 Hayes, Middlesex, England Daughter Upton with Chalvey Buckinghamshire Source information: RG10/1401 Registration district: Eton Sub-registration district: Eton ED, institution, or vessel: 9 Folio: 28 Page: 53 ...................................... Sarah Gibson 35 Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England Lodger Hedsor Buckinghamshire William Holley 63 Hedsor, Buckinghamshire, England Head Hedsor Buckinghamshire Source information: RG10/1404 Registration district: Wycombe Sub-registration district: High Wycombe ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Folio: 141 Page: 26 jess

Sophie

Sophie Report 22 Mar 2005 23:14

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THAT JESS! I THINK THEY ARE MY ONES SO MUCH APPRECIATED FOR THE SEARCH!! :))))))))))))))))

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 07:22

vivienne- having sorted all that out PLEASE post all you know (transcription errors inc) at first post. We are trying to help you, but you're not making it easy! Wreden, Annie 19 London Daughter West Ham Essex Wreden, Calina 13 canning town, Essex Daughter West Ham Essex Wreden, Catherine 50 DEU Wife West Ham Essex Wreden, Geo 43 DEU Head West Ham Essex Wreden, Herman 10 canning town, Essex Son West Ham Essex Wreden, William 16 London Son West Ham Essex Source information: RG12/1321 folio 68 page 35 Registration district: West Ham Sub registration district: West Ham ED, institution, or vessel: 22 jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 09:25

have to go out this AM- leave any requests - will be looked up later jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 14:31

I'll slap you with something Vivienne! easy when i knew what to look for! jess

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 15:02

There are a selection of Mary Nolans in roles other than wife or daughter - lots around liverpool and a couple in London, but basically working in the area in which they were born. i can't see her, obviously anyway sorry jess

Jenny

Jenny Report 23 Mar 2005 16:20

Hi Jess, (This was from the previous thread which was full) Her husband was Bernard Cochrane but he was a soldier so may not have been at home then it is rumoured that he died in the Crimean war but we haven't been able to prove or disprove this yet. She is shown as a widow Mary Cochrane on the 1881 census living in 5 Kenwood Avenue,St pauls,Deptford. 1851 census single as Mary Fitzgerald living in St James Place,St Pauls Deptford and same again for 1891Mary Cochrane widow at 13 Rutts Terrace,St Pauls,Deptford. She did have a son Edward so maybe that will help reduce the choices??He was not showing on 1881 census but maybe will be on the 1871? Hope this helps Jenny

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 20:09

Jenny.I've looked endlessly for this one and sorry, for now anyway, am going to have to admit defeat. sorry jess

Robert

Robert Report 23 Mar 2005 20:27

hi jess could you look in the 1891 census for liverpool.i am looking for a john toman born in ireland about 1830 his occupation is a licensed victualar.address in 1881 was 51 fontenoy st, but he moved from this public house on 24 /11/1881.his wife alice jane toman died 1882,hope you can help thanks rob

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 20:49

robert Toman, John 58 IRL Head Liverpool Lancashire appears to be living with theses: Hinds, Alice J 4 Liverpool Daughter Liverpool Lancashire Hinds, Eliza 23 Liverpool Wife Liverpool Lancashire Hinds, William 29 Liverpool Son-in-law Liverpool Lancashire Hinds, William 2 Liverpool Son Liverpool Lancashire Source information: RG12/2907 Registration district: Liverpool Sub registration district: Dale Street ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Folio: 100 Page: 11 ( he is listed as a licenced victular address looks like ' 34 Great Crosshall St' Jess

Vivien

Vivien Report 23 Mar 2005 20:50

Hi Jess, I have searched and searched for a birth, wonder if you can help - Roseanna Mayers b 1878, I have looked on 1837- 1876-1879 I assume she was born in Kensington as her brother's and sister's were. Any suggestions, Thank you Vivien.

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 20:59

vivienne- are you categorically sure of the date? worth considering maybe? Name: Mayer, Rose Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1879 District: Edmonton County: Essex Hertfordshire Middlesex Volume: 3a Page: 252 jess

Robert

Robert Report 23 Mar 2005 21:02

hi jess many thanks for the info,this is this what i have been looking for.i did not expect a reply so soon,thanks again for your help ,rob

Vivien

Vivien Report 23 Mar 2005 21:05

Hi Jess, almost sure of date, will send for certificate of Rose Mayer. Thank you for your help once again. Vivien

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 22:22

Itsy-possible Cowell, Adelaide M 10 Southwark, London Daughter St Saviours London Cowell, Emily A 19 Southwark, London Daughter St Saviours London Cowell, George H 15 Southwark, London Son St Saviours London Cowell, Mark 22 Southwark, London Son St Saviours London Cowell, Samuel G 50 Dartford, Kent Head St Saviours London Source information: RG12/343 Registration district: St Saviour Southwark Sub registration district: St Saviour Southwark ED, institution, or vessel: 6 Folio: 12 Page: 25 will have a look for Emily..what age do previous census return her to be?

Gemma

Gemma Report 23 Mar 2005 22:38

Thank you Please could you look for;- 1871 census Grace (Ann) JOHNSTONE born = Dublin, Ireland in 1798 she was living in Dartmouth with family on the 1881, but I have no idea which rellies she was staying with in 1871.

The Bag

The Bag Report 23 Mar 2005 23:02

bruce where was he in 1881 any ideas? I've found one.. not a good find...an orphan- Name: Henry Larance Age in 1871: 8 Estimated birth year: 1863 Relation: Orphan Household: View other family members Gender: Male Where born: Nottinghamshire, England Civil parish: St Mary Ecclesiastical parish: St Luke County/Island: Nottinghamshire Country: England Source information: RG10/3511 Registration district: Nottingham Sub-registration district: St Mary ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Folio: 56 Page: 16 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 90

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Mar 2005 09:04

Hi Jess, thought I'd lost you but found the message on the old list. The William Marsden from Salford looks the most likeliest. The only information I have on him is 'quite' recent. On my mothers wedding cert. 1945 he was a miller and living at 10 Maurice Street Nelson. I have two photos of his brothers named Albert and Jim, one is a wedding photo (no date ), the other is an army photo (again no date). Don't know if any of this helps but many thanks for trying. Gloria