Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Submarine L24.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 16 Mar 2005 16:38

Is anyone searching relatives who died when the submarine L24 was rammed and sunk off Portland Bill in January 1924. Woodentop.

Peter

Peter Report 2 Aug 2018 19:45

Hi
I have just spotted your request for relatives of L24 crew. I know it's 13 years since you posted this message and you may no longer be interested, However my Grandfather was one of the crew who was killed that day and I have some info, including an L24 football team photo of the 1923/24 season, probably their last photo taken.
If you'r still around perhaps we could share some info,
Regards
Pete

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Aug 2018 21:09

As you noticed, it's over 13 years since Peter posted, I doubt that he'll be looking now for replies.

Click on his name and send a message in the hope that he hasn't changed his e-mail since he registered with GR. He will be notified and have the chance to respond.