Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

URGENT **WARNING** VIRUS MSN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 7 Mar 2005 18:17

I have been told of a virus being sent via MSN from someone called Josie and the subject is Funny there is of course an attachment. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN OPENING ANY ATTACHMENT even those from your friends. Apparently it has got past Norton security etc. Take Care Pat

Tom

Tom Report 7 Mar 2005 21:53

Thanks Pat. I dont use msn but it's nice to know of these problems. Regards Joyce.

Patricia

Patricia Report 7 Mar 2005 21:55

It usually comes from someone on your msn messenger contact list and they do not know they have sent it. MSN virus runs around every couple of weeks.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 7 Mar 2005 22:26

OMG! Thank goodness I was knee deep in dead rellies yesterday and ignored the attachment that was sent via a friend saying This is so funny... Thankfully I just clicked it off. Thanks for the warning. I'll know to click the next one off too! Sheila