Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone from Frankston, Victoria, Australia?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 27 Feb 2005 17:45

I am trying to find out if there was a Methodist Church in Franston. My mother told me her Uncle had gone to Melbourne as a Methodist Minister. My family thought I must be wrong on this matter. Well my brother has just found a photo (torn in half of course) it appears to have been taken in the 1920's -judging by the clothes- and on the back is the following details. Grainger, ndal St ston, Vic, N18 Melbourne Australia I assumed rightly or wrongly (being a Pomme) that it must be Frankston. Can anyone help or advise. Sorry so little info, spent a week looking for passengers but can only find for the 1800's Thank you Pat