Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT AGE ARE WE ALL?

Page 3 + 1 of 6

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 6 Feb 2005 14:18

Hi Everyone,I'm 52 and have been doing this just over two years.It's so rewarding and addictive,but I love it.I make no excuses I'm totally hooked and just wish I didn't work full time.....so you can guess what I spend most of the time doing on my day off can't you...? Elaine

Kate

Kate Report 6 Feb 2005 14:36

I'm 27 and started digging in December - I'm quite pleased with the hole dug so far too!!!

Catherine

Catherine Report 6 Feb 2005 14:39

Coming up to 40 and an only child, of an only child, so started 2 years ago to see if there were any other relatives out there, but it has now become an addiction! My son who is 15 now shares my addiction - feel like a bad parent, making him an addict so young!!! Cate :))

Jane

Jane Report 6 Feb 2005 15:01

I added my bit,to this thread and had a thought. We all say "how we wished that we had asked the older generation". And I wondered how far could I go Back. My own memories to the mid 1930's, but I knew my husbands 95yr. old Gran in the 1950's and was able hear her stories of Sat . night shopping in London street markets by the light of Naptha flares., buying food for her 9 girls !! And how she "never trusted that man!! " took all our combined efforts to come up with "Disraeli" Jane

Paula

Paula Report 6 Feb 2005 15:14

31 and been researching since May after finding this site via friends reunited

Julie

Julie Report 6 Feb 2005 16:17

46.. Started about 7 years ago, but since the 1901 census came online, family and friends think I have become a complete nerd. As my kids say "WHATEVER".. Julie from Devon

Sillius

Sillius Report 6 Feb 2005 16:33

Angie, Same aage as you + started in October '04 and feel like it's put years on me already! Bestest stuff Nev

Hawthorn

Hawthorn Report 6 Feb 2005 16:51

The big 60 this year!! First interest over 25 years ago. It's mine on the 20th Pat!

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 6 Feb 2005 17:00

The big 60 for me too. Been at this for about five years and loving it, brick bits and all. Roger GC

Linda G

Linda G Report 6 Feb 2005 17:33

58 and started researching last May after getting a computer. Mum and Dad both died soon after. They would have loved all the things I have found out. Although my Mum would probably have known half of it anyway. Linda

Lyndsay

Lyndsay Report 6 Feb 2005 17:44

I'm 28 and I started when I was about 13 as we had lots of family records which were very random that I put in order then continued from there

Jazzie

Jazzie Report 6 Feb 2005 17:47

Angie - I am 53 and have been researching my Family tree since March 2003. Without GR I wouldn't have found all the ancestors that I now have in my tree - Jazz

Jo

Jo Report 6 Feb 2005 18:32

I am 37, started in early 2004. It started as a bit of a joke really as my dad was an only child and my mum had only one sister, we used to say that our tree would fit on the back of a postage stamp! Then I started digging, my paternal grandfather was one of thirteen children, as was my maternal grandmother!!! I now need a VERY large stamp!!! Have now got back to my GGGGG grandfather born in 1795. Thanks to all who have helped my in my searching.

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 6 Feb 2005 18:56

Will be 45 on Wednesday... and started climbing trees two years ago.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 6 Feb 2005 20:17

Hi Angie Im 48, I have 2 jobs, 1 full time and 1 part time, so I work 7 days a week. I have been tracing my ancestors since October when I got my computer, but have been trying to help my dad who is 85 for at least a year. He is my main source of information has a wonderful memory and we spend many happy hours going through things. I keep up with my mad life by using the internet at work then at night when I come home from work. I have found I enjoy walking round the graveyards and cememataries and have made lots of dead friends.. Totally addicted and totally mad! Cheers everyone Yvonne x

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 6 Feb 2005 20:19

I'm 46 and have been at it (on and off) for nearly 25 years. I first started in July 1980, I can still remember the day, it was a monday, and my husband (fiance then) sister and I went up to St Catherine's House and were all hooked from that day, so much so that we went back on the wednesday and friday of that week. We had a few years off while bringing up 4 children but are now back on the hunt. I can't think what I'd do in the evenings without it. Carolyn

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 6 Feb 2005 20:20

I'm 22 and started in 2003 when I'm 19. My mum now is working with me on the family history. She's 55 now. Is there any other mother and daughter team? It's a great way to bonding with your mother or any relation.

Molly

Molly Report 6 Feb 2005 20:24

Well you have all put a smile on my face...what is so worrying though is that we appear to be complete addicts and slaves to our research. Another thing I do not tell my friends about it 'cos I dont want them to think I am an anorak..kids and hubby already know I am so thats okay! its also great to see that it appeals to the young and not so young alike. Thanks for the replies.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 6 Feb 2005 20:27

21, started in 1998 when I was 15.

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Feb 2005 21:52

I'm 65 and live in Australia! Started last December but only just getting down to serious research. Find it a bit confusing and expensive to go into some sites so will try and join a geneology group here. Hope to get some feedback from people as my family names are among the more unusual with fewer on the list. Ann - Melbourne