Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth 1818/19 flintshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Jan 2005 20:35

I haven't got this far back before so could anyone tell me how to find a birth for Arthur Hanmer born 1818/19 Bangor Flintshire.I know his father was Edward Hanmer .I have Arthur on the 1851 living in Manchester, but it gives his place of birth as Flintshire. Thank you.

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Jan 2005 22:06

This is difficult. I have a Ruth Hughes, father Joseph, b. Prestatyn, Flint c.1850 according to the census. I could not find her birth and believe she was not registered [nor were all but one of her siblings---luckily I found one that was in 1871, the youngest known and this gave mother as Charlotte Williams!]. But I contacted Flintshire Record Office with this problem and traced Ruth baptised 22 July 1849 to Joseph and Charlotte at Meliden parish. I would suggest you contact them for help.

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Jan 2005 22:24

Thank you Wendy .I'll give it a try.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jan 2005 22:31

Sheila Have you checked IGI for any possible births/baptisms? Lou

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Jan 2005 23:02

I think I'll take Wendy's advice because It seems I've tried everything else. Many thanks Sheila

Antony

Antony Report 10 Feb 2014 14:23

Arthur Hanmer
BAP 30 May 1819
Edward Hanmer GROCER
Ann Hanmer

jax

jax Report 10 Feb 2014 16:18

Antony

Did you notice how old this thread was?

After 9 years Shelia may have found the answer and also possibly not looking for replies now