Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contact Centre

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stardust

Stardust Report 19 Sep 2004 11:48

I agree - Geneseunited does leave a lot to be desired. Having been a paid-up member since 25 July 2004 I am still unable to access anything on the site with the exception of the message boards. I've sent countless emails and have had just 2 replies, both promising assistance which never eventuates. If I use a different name to register I am able to search, but then get the request for payment when I try to contact anyone. I wonder just how long it takes to get assistance from the Support Team.

Martin

Martin Report 19 Sep 2004 12:26

I have had replies from GenesReunited in the past but they do seem reluctant to act on any suggestions or complaints. There have been complaints about the difficulty in passing EMail addresses and URLs since when they started. It is very popular in the family history online world to knock ancestrty but at least you can pass EMail addresses and URLs on their message boards and lists. Also they they do not corrupt the text so you can past e things without them ending up unintelligible. Their MyFamily site allows the posting of family trees and is far superior to the system used by GenesReunited. I have stayed with GenesREunited because it attracts a lot of people new to family history so there is a good chance of making contact with some distant branch of my tree. The trouble is that many of these newscomers don't then reply to messages. I found someone with the same surname from the same town as me and was hoping to find out who they were descended from. But I have never been able to get any more information or eply out of them. Very frustrating! Martin

Tracey

Tracey Report 19 Sep 2004 20:39

i have found the site very annoying have been trying to get in touch with the site for nearly three weeks and still nobody has returned with an answer to my question tracey

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 6 Feb 2013 23:07

Connett. Marilyn would like to contact Sue Keeler about her grandmother Beatrice Sharp.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Feb 2013 23:10

Marilyn

Would be better to start your own post rather than adding to this one dated 2004 and is not a contact thread in the way that you seem to think

GB

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 6 Feb 2013 23:11

Genes reunited said that Sue Keeler wanted to get in touch with me, is this just a con? As i cant seem to reach her.....Marilyn Connett

patchem

patchem Report 6 Feb 2013 23:16

Have you looked in your Inbox for a message from her?

Reggie

Reggie Report 6 Feb 2013 23:25

What method have you used to try to contact her?

How did GR notify you?

If they sent you an e-mail........click on the link, and send a reply

jax

jax Report 6 Feb 2013 23:34

If Genes sent a message to say someone has tried to contact you....you would not have needed to pay money to recieve such a message, so dont know what the con was?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Feb 2013 06:35

GR might email to tell you that someone has sent you a message, in which case check your GR inbox, as suggested.

On the other hand GR do occasionally send you a message that you might have a possible name match with someone, in which case the link in the email will take you to their name and you can, if you wish, send them a message.

Is it this what you might be referring to?