Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

***LIVERPOOL *** what surnames are we researching?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SueS

SueS Report 4 Jun 2004 10:18

Can only do 1861 lookups if an address is given. How about some concise details of your worst brick wall? Maybe someone can help. Here are mine all from Scotland/Vauxhall Road area CARROLL CARTY CHANDLER FAGAN FLYNN FITZPATRICK MCGOVERN RICE SUDBURY SULLIVAN Sue

John

John Report 4 Jun 2004 11:14

Hi Sue, looking for Thompson(moved to Southport before 1881)and Gardner(came from Preston c.1833) I can get access to 1851 census if enough details known John

Jan

Jan Report 4 Jun 2004 13:38

Stringfellow - St Helens/Sutton Bellis - St Helens Brown - St Helens Heaps - Eccleston/Prescot ..............(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´).............. «´¨`·.¤º°`°º¤ø*Jan x *ø¤º°`°º¤.·´¨`» ..............(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ `'·.¸)`'·.¸).............. PS Thanks again John for the Heaps :) PPS If looking for Liverpool St Helens connect is also a good site :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2004 16:43

My names in Liverpool are: Parsonage Maddock Finley Williams/ Nanson Williams Thompson/ Nanson Thompson

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 4 Jun 2004 16:49

White Ellis Seddon Gould But the Goulds and Seddons moved o'er the water before 1900! Linda

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 4 Jun 2004 19:28

My names migrated to Liverpool. They lived in the city centre or Toxteth park areas. Sheffield>Liverpool 1900 BINNS Donegal >Liverpool 1870 STEELE London >Liverpool 1860 BIRD Lancs? >Liverpool 1840 DUXBURY Kathy

John

John Report 4 Jun 2004 19:36

Hello Sue, My names for Liverpool - Toxteth Park are Whiteside Brennan Perry or Parry John C

Cazziemc

Cazziemc Report 4 Jun 2004 21:12

Hello mine are GALLAGHER (50ft brick wall!!) and Wignall. Best wishes Carol

Penelope

Penelope Report 4 Jun 2004 22:21

Hi I have the following ancestors who came from Liverpool: Molyneux Edwards Tyrer Wynne Whittle Sheldon Please get in touch if anyone also has interest in same names. Penny

Louisa

Louisa Report 4 Jun 2004 23:49

Hi Sue and all I am looking for WRIGHT, MOORE and LEE from 1900 forward Please if you think you maybe connected to any of these names please do get in touch Regards Louisa

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 5 Jun 2004 00:22

Hi, My Liverpool names are BOWYER, James 1830's DAVIES, Tamar 1800 GOULD, Thomas 1800, also son George 1830's. Thomas Gould married Tamar Davies July 17th 1828 at St. Peter's, Liverpool and thier daughter Mary married James Bowyer at St Nicholas August 5th 1852. Would love to know if anyone else is researching these names.

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 5 Jun 2004 01:29

Hi Sue, My names for Liverpool are, CHADBAND DONNELLY WEIR MOON AREAS ARE KIRKDALE BOOTLE ORRELL PARK NEW BRIGHTON Thanks,getting desperate now. Trish

Diane

Diane Report 5 Jun 2004 04:47

My Liverpool Surnames are: HAWKINS - Everton and Mount Pleasant BYRNE - Birkenhead in 1851 HEALY - Bert was a dentist in Mount Pleasant c.1940 GODDARD from 1890 (originally from Luton) Diane born in Wallasey... living in NSW Australia

Steve

Steve Report 5 Jun 2004 06:27

My Liverpool surnames are: GRUNNILL from around 1880 (previously Winthorpe, Lincs) and SCHORAH from around 1860 (previously Leeds and possibly Cambs) Steve

Angela

Angela Report 5 Jun 2004 14:29

Hi, The names I'm researching in Liverpool are: FURMEDGE McKITTRICK HERON DOUGLAS SOUNDIE EVANS and of course SMITH Ange

Barbara

Barbara Report 5 Jun 2004 17:48

HI My Lewis family came to liverpool after 1861 but I still would be interested if anyone has a connection. William Lewis was a ladies hairdresser. My great grandad Arthur, and his brother Ben set up the West African trading company, but I can't find much info. One of Ben's children was a registrar in the 1900's. B

Desperate

Desperate Report 5 Jun 2004 23:42

Sue,I am glad your list has arrived at last. It looks as if you are going to be glued to the comp.I wish there was something I could ask you,I dont know enough.Except you keep an eye open for my ROGER KENNY,he was 25 in 1881,living in Collingwood St,born in Liverpool.(when you have done all your sons washing) I hope your mother is keeping well. Best Wishes. Margaret

Elaine

Elaine Report 6 Jun 2004 08:46

Hi Sue,realise you must be inundated with requests,and also mega busy with your sons at home.....all that washing to do....so only if you have the time I have.... DELOES..... 63 COTSWOLD STREET,W.DERBY,LIVERPOOL HARDING..... KELLY....... as above all in 1897 Then just DELOES ..... and( baby )HARDING.... 63 COTSWOLD STREET,W.DERBY,LIVERPOOL (no Harding parents traceable after that but they were alive) in 1901. Hope I'm not being a pain. With Thanks and desperate as the Hardings are my G.Grandparents and the baby is my Grandfather

Deborah

Deborah Report 6 Jun 2004 20:01

Sue, Looking for a John Bamford, (stonemason) Esther Bamford (nee Grice) married 1842 Children: Ellen Bamford b19/10/1858 Sarah Bamford b30/12/1860 Back Lane. Registration District: West Derby & Toxteth Park Sarah's my line but I know that Ellen married my gg grandfathers brother. I think there may be some other little Bamfords prior to Ellen and Sarah. Best regards Deborah Ball

Anne

Anne Report 7 Jun 2004 09:32

anne redmond. my names are. boswell ,tully,liverpool, richmond row. devon st, howe st. thanks