Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FOR WHO AND WHERE ARE YOU LOOKING IN SUSSEX

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 Apr 2004 22:09

I am Looking for:- Tree in Brighton, Pulborough and Nutbourne. Holden. Lillywhite in Brighton, Findon and Arundel.

Karen

Karen Report 23 Apr 2004 22:45

I'm looking for :- Avery's from Mayfield Farmer's from Burwash/Brightling Thompsett's/Tompsett's from Hastings area Karen

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Apr 2004 23:23

Looking for..... Dowdy, Dorey, Harris. Pat.

Maggie

Maggie Report 23 Apr 2004 23:33

Hi, I'm looking for: MAY in Ore/Hastings ELLIS in Rye/Eastbourne/Hastings/Worthing WHITTINGTON in Ore/Rye/Hastings Maggie

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 24 Apr 2004 02:02

Vaus: Shipley Haven't tried researching the following yet (surnames too common) in Shipley: Francis, Newman, Morgan, Cooper, Parker All surnames from 1720ish through 1840ish.

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Apr 2004 08:39

kAREN in Kent have you looked on the sussex weald site it covers alot of east sussex villages brightling mayfield east hoathly uckfield etc etc, they have census and other info and its free, ifound alot of my chiddingly and east hoathly on there sandra

ibsexy

ibsexy Report 24 Apr 2004 08:57

looking for ROGER ALLEN PARRIS could be in east or west sussex

jmoonlabelle1@gmail.com

[email protected] Report 24 Apr 2004 14:55

looking for Moon, Baker, Wall and Cripps in Hastings and St. Leonard's Jennifer in Ontario, Canada

Patricia

Patricia Report 24 Apr 2004 15:01

This is just a shot in the dark. I am looking for my cousin Sandra Wilkinson born mid 1940`s in Brighton. Daughter of John and Irene Wilkinson nee Tume. I have never met Sandra so I don`t know if she has married and changed her name.

Kim

Kim Report 24 Apr 2004 16:47

Dales in West Grinstead, Storrington, Henfield. Patricks in Brighton.

Karen

Karen Report 24 Apr 2004 17:54

Sandra, thank you times 5 millions for the link. I only wish I wasnt going out in 30 mins as I've just found some of them on 1851 census and theres a tree connected with loads of info :-) YEAHHHHH!!! Dancing around the room at the mo :-) Karen

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Apr 2004 22:50

Anyone know of any other good sites for Sussex ?

Linda

Linda Report 24 Apr 2004 23:22

Hello all, Sites that I have found very useful for Sussex are: www.ancestral-villages(.)co(.)uk/ - www. ukvillages(.)co(.)uk - www.sfhg.org.uk/ (Sussex Family History Group) Hope you find them helpful too! Regards, Linda.

Pam

Pam Report 25 Apr 2004 00:49

Hi, I am looking for Boon families in Brighton, one family in particular with the head in 1861 named John Boon and a son also named John born between 1860 and 1862. Phipps, Pettet, Rusbridge, Packham, York and Dey in or around Heathfield, Hellingley, Dallington, Seaford and Warbleton also sought. Pam

Jen

Jen Report 25 Apr 2004 09:45

Looking for Sarah Lillie Honeysett around Hawkhurst area about 1866.

Samantha

Samantha Report 25 Apr 2004 10:31

hi i am looking for PUMFREY BYFORD WOOD (philidelphia - married walter pumfrey 1892) WILKINSON (kate alberta- married ernest pumfrey 1907) in the shoreham/southwick/ portslade area of west sussex (although technically portslade is just in east sussex!) thanks sam

Irene

Irene Report 25 Apr 2004 23:32

Hi I am looking for the family of James William Taylor and his wife Caroline Charlotte Lillywhite of Arundel, Wadhurst and Brighton, Sussex. Irene in NZ

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Apr 2004 00:13

Hi Irene, Have you seen the Lillywhite web site http://www.lillywhi.demon(.)co.uk There is a possibility that your tree may connect to mine. Will do a bit more work on this name next week and will let you know Jackie

Irene

Irene Report 26 Apr 2004 00:21

Hi Thank you for your reply. Yes I have looked at the Lillywhite. I will look forward to hearing back from you. Irene

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 26 Apr 2004 21:26

Duplock, Goldsmith and Holmwood from the Weald of Sussex/Kent Maz. XX