Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes Connected Contacts

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gordon

Gordon Report 30 Mar 2004 11:10

I have just sent to E-mails re possible connections my family. I have not had the usual reply from GC and looking at my contacts they say I am usig Jamar Bromley as the link in my tree. I have never had a Jamar Bromley in my tree. Furthermore a contact made in November 2003 plus others now has this Jamar Bromley as the link. What's happening, has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? Gordon

Gordon

Gordon Report 30 Mar 2004 11:29

I have just done a search on Jamar Bromley and he is listed as new. So it seems like GC have some gremlins. As we are all supposed to be 1 big family perhaps he is the connection! Gordon

Paul

Paul Report 30 Mar 2004 11:32

Me to!!! I thought I was round the twist when I first looked. Mailed GC to inform them. Paul

Annie

Annie Report 30 Mar 2004 11:42

Ditto .. I thought I was going MAD! The contact I made was perfectly well described yesterday but now it's been JAMARED Ann

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 30 Mar 2004 11:44

Me too! I am pretty sure he wasn't there yesterday!

Paul

Paul Report 30 Mar 2004 11:45

Got about a bit is an understatement. I have just checked my contacts again and the name appears on 36 of them. Paul

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 30 Mar 2004 11:47

Yep, me too. I sent a contact email a while ago, and never got confirmation in my inbox from GC that it had gone through. No reply, so a few days ago I resent it, still no confirmation and the Jamar person has turned up????? What's happening? confused, Sylvia

Paul

Paul Report 30 Mar 2004 11:49

Who is Robert, the supposed contact for this name?? Are they a real person?? Paul

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 30 Mar 2004 11:49

At first glance I thought it was just one, but I have 33 of them!! Spooky!!!

Paul

Paul Report 30 Mar 2004 11:57

There is also a Jean Bromley (1936 Co. Durham) apparently submitted by the same person as a new entry. Can anyone see a pattern in their contacts? Paul

Gordon

Gordon Report 30 Mar 2004 11:58

A dreadful thought to have about another member BUT could he have uploaded his tree to GC and had a virus there. Gordon

Debbie

Debbie Report 30 Mar 2004 12:01

Has anyone tried emailing Robert yet about Jamar. I dont reckon that is even a name. Yes he is on my contacts too. Debbie

Mary

Mary Report 30 Mar 2004 12:01

Iv`e got the Jamar Bromley link on an old contact I have on my list. Mine was born in Durham Mary

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 30 Mar 2004 12:06

All my "Jamar Bromley" items seem to be on any contacts made through a name on a tree from new names etc, rather than a direct contact for some other reason, ie. offer of help from a thread or general enquiry.

Gordon

Gordon Report 30 Mar 2004 12:07

As a caution I would advise members not to download any info or their trees from GC until it is sorted out. Better to be safe than sorry. Gordon

Debbie

Debbie Report 30 Mar 2004 12:12

There is also 12 other new Bromleys from Robert but you have to type in Co.Durham obliously he has spelt it differently sometimes. Debbie

Gordon

Gordon Report 30 Mar 2004 12:25

I have sent an E-mail to GC but as they are so short staffed I am thinking of contacting the abuse manager, what do you all think? Gordon

Janet

Janet Report 30 Mar 2004 12:27

Well, it turns out that Jamar Bromley is the link in my tree too! Has anyone discovered what's going on? Janet

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 30 Mar 2004 12:54

I found him in my contacts too. I did a virus check and nothing showed up. He was on contacts I no longer use, so I deleted them, and my screen promptly froze! Have I upset Jamar?

Karen

Karen Report 30 Mar 2004 12:57

Well I've been "Jamared" 6 times. Some are old contacts and some are new. I have contacted only one person through GC today and it hasn't shown up next to her name ect, only on others. Karen