Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census Help please! Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maud

Maud Report 11 Feb 2004 21:06

Hello, I am trying to find who was living at 34 St Lawrence Street Greenock My father was illegitimate born in 1896, but address given for his father was 34 St Lawrence St. I have tried numerous James Barr`s on the Scotlands people 1891 but without success, find I use up all credits before I can find anything useful, there are so many names for James Barr!!! Is there anyone who could look up this census in Scotland for me, would love to get a lead on my paternal grandfather, but without knowing where he was born or an age, or his mother, it is virtually impossible to progress, living in Essex England I have no chance of gaining access to any Scottish census apart from the computer Many many thanks if an anyone can help, Maud