Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found these people in 1891 Sussex Census!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 25 Oct 2003 00:00

Hi all, I found the following in the 1891 Sussex Census and thought they might be of interest to someone! (1) GEORGE CLARK (Nephew) Age 16, Engine Fitter Apprentice - Born DURHAM. (2) HUGH CLARK (Lodger) Age 48, Master Mariner - born FIFE, SCOTLAND. They were lodging with George and Lucy Britt at 9, Gordon Villas, Rye, East Sussex. (3) CHARLES W.H. PIGGOTT (Lodger) Age 30, Hairdresser's Assistant - born RUGBY, WARWICKSHIRE. He was lodging with David and Elizabeth Noakes at 104, High Street, Rye, East Sussex. (4) HERBERT W.M. KENDRICK (Visitor) Age 21 - Leiut.3rd Queen RWJ? (Army Officer) - born DUBLIN, IRELAND. He was visiting Ann M. Curten at Springfield Lane, Rye, East Sussex. (5) MANNIS CONWAY (Widower Age 72) Traveller/Hawker - born KILDARE, IRELAND. (6) COIA? LUIGI (Lodger) Age 34 - Organ Grinder (Music) - born ITALY. (7) CARMINE ROSSI (Son) Age 16 - Organ Grinder (Music) - born ITALY. They were lodging at the Sawyers Arms, 9, Ferry Road, Rye, East Sussex. Some of the sheets were very difficult to read so I hope I've got it close enough for someone to recognise! Linda (East Sussex)