Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found these people in 1891 Sussex Census!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 25 Oct 2003 00:00

Hi all, I found the following in the 1891 Sussex Census and thought they might be of interest to someone! (1) GEORGE CLARK (Nephew) Age 16, Engine Fitter Apprentice - Born DURHAM. (2) HUGH CLARK (Lodger) Age 48, Master Mariner - born FIFE, SCOTLAND. They were lodging with George and Lucy Britt at 9, Gordon Villas, Rye, East Sussex. (3) CHARLES W.H. PIGGOTT (Lodger) Age 30, Hairdresser's Assistant - born RUGBY, WARWICKSHIRE. He was lodging with David and Elizabeth Noakes at 104, High Street, Rye, East Sussex. (4) HERBERT W.M. KENDRICK (Visitor) Age 21 - Leiut.3rd Queen RWJ? (Army Officer) - born DUBLIN, IRELAND. He was visiting Ann M. Curten at Springfield Lane, Rye, East Sussex. (5) MANNIS CONWAY (Widower Age 72) Traveller/Hawker - born KILDARE, IRELAND. (6) COIA? LUIGI (Lodger) Age 34 - Organ Grinder (Music) - born ITALY. (7) CARMINE ROSSI (Son) Age 16 - Organ Grinder (Music) - born ITALY. They were lodging at the Sawyers Arms, 9, Ferry Road, Rye, East Sussex. Some of the sheets were very difficult to read so I hope I've got it close enough for someone to recognise! Linda (East Sussex)