Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How common are you?

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 19 Oct 2003 11:18

I found this website called yournotme(.)com It tells you how many people there are in the UK with the same name as you based on the 2001 Electoral Role. I tried my name Alison Page and there are 123 of me! Just trying Page, however, brought up 31, 928! It's just for a laugh - try it and find out how common you are! Alison

Cleo

Cleo Report 19 Oct 2003 11:24

Hi Alison, Thanks to my unusual first name I am unique!!!! Cleo

Cleo

Cleo Report 19 Oct 2003 11:27

I have just found out that there are 157 Cleopatra's registered. Who'd have thought that there would be SO many cruel parents out there?!?

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 19 Oct 2003 11:28

There's only 2 of me. I'm as rare as a wombats wingnut apparently! 327 Greenley's though. Jeanette

Andy

Andy Report 19 Oct 2003 11:28

There are 882 instances of Andrew Cook. Not really that surprising though! ;-)

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 19 Oct 2003 11:31

There are probably more people killed in yoghurt, cream, marshmallow and fluffy thing accidents each year then there are of you. I am quite unique, but still 19 people with the same name as me, that is more than I expected, I suppose it is my common second name that did it.

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 19 Oct 2003 11:34

Same message as Siobhan, but 20 of me Sally

Cleo

Cleo Report 19 Oct 2003 11:36

Andrew, Don't be despondant 882 is not that many and at least everyone doesn't snigger when they find out that your first name is REALLY that!!!! Cleo

Dave & Sally

Dave & Sally Report 19 Oct 2003 11:37

This is the message for TIff. You don't exist. Go and look in the mirror. If you see something then we're wrong else you're some kind of magic pixie, elf, carrot or vampire. Sorry.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 19 Oct 2003 11:39

Andrew At least people will know how to spell your name. You should see the variations I get! Jeanette, janette, jenette, jeannette, gynette, ginette, janet, greenley, greenlay, greenleigh, greenleaf, greenfly!

Andy

Andy Report 19 Oct 2003 11:43

Cleo, Wasn't sniggering but I'm embarrassed to say my mind was drawn to an annoying girl band from a few years back, who kept going around singing, "We're Cleopatra and we're comin' at-cha!" Ahem, sorry... :-( (embarassed smiley) Andy.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 19 Oct 2003 11:45

For my maiden name there are 20 and for my married name only 7. For my husband there are 25 which is strange cos that is his birth date and his favourite number.

Helen

Helen Report 19 Oct 2003 11:47

I'm not even going to bother looking. Me and my husband Dave are probably the most common people in the UK!

Alison

Alison Report 19 Oct 2003 11:54

I am incredibly common, when I was in hospital having my last child there was another women in the same ward with the same name!The ward only had 6 beds.Theres 125 of me!

Penelope

Penelope Report 19 Oct 2003 11:54

Wow! There are only two of me - surely there are other Penelopes around? No Parnabys either............hmmm strange! Penny

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2003 12:03

Thanks Alison for that one. It's really good. There are 5 Joe Bloggs out there - shame! As for me, well common as muck - married name 185 of me and maiden name 227. The spelling of my daughters christian name is unique - Caeleigh. Rare as wombats wingnuts :o) Regards Margaret

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 19 Oct 2003 12:19

Excuse me asking - where exactly on a wombat might its wingnuts be found, if they existed of course? Jacqui ps Haven't checked my name as hubbie would be mortified if there was more than one of me

Helen

Helen Report 19 Oct 2003 12:21

Okay, I gave in and decided to try. Quite surprised that there were only 3229 of me. 12,790 for David though. My kids fared better 550 Natalie Smiths and only 182 for Alex.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2003 12:27

Did you notice that you can also leave messages there. It's very quick and easy. I have left one and might put more on later. Have fun.....

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2003 12:44

Using my maiden name of Sarah Springford there were 2, and apparently I'm as rarer as a wombats wingnut!! Sarah