Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old manor House, Benenden, kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 7 Oct 2003 21:20

Does this place exist, or has it become part of Benenden School? I rather think it is somewhere different but can't track it down Helen

Anna

Anna Report 7 Oct 2003 21:47

I typed in "Old Manor House Benenden"in to google and it came up with The manor of Great Dixter which is in Northiam which is not too far away from Benenden.I dont know if this is what you are looking for.Theres a website so you can check it out www(.)greatdixter(.)co(.)uk/manor(.)html Benenden School was opened in 1923,I dont know what if anything it was previous to this. Good Luck Anna

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 8 Oct 2003 14:36

Thanks, Anna, The manor I'm after was in the village of Benenden, apparently, so it's not Great Dixter which is in Northiam. Thanks for trying!

David ‡ Mills

David ‡ Mills Report 2 Sep 2016 09:00

Search - benenden manor house
You'll find a photo (1947) and its location - NW corner of the crossroads west of the village green.
Google street view will show you that it is still there.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Sep 2016 10:36

David - check the date of the last post. In this case its Oct 2003. Don't worry, we've all fallen into the same trap at some point.

If you think Helen might still be interested, send her a message by clicking on her name. If she is still using the same linked email address, she'll be notified that you've sent her a message