Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

pre 1821 search in Sutton Valence, Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dauna

Dauna Report 3 Sep 2003 08:00

Can anyone help me please? I am trying to trace the Coppin family and I have got stuck. My gt gt grandfather was William Coppin b.1821 in Sutton Valence. I would like to find out who his parents were and when he married Martha and what her surname was. They had 2 children, Sophia b. 1861 and CHarles b. 1868 in Langley (info from 1881 census). I would be very grateful if anyone can find out any more info about William and Martha. Thank you Dauna

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 3 Sep 2003 08:08

Dauna I know this isnt what you were looking for but on the 1891 I found a Charles Coppin --age 23--a soldier in the West Kent Regiment born in Langley

Dauna

Dauna Report 3 Sep 2003 17:25

Thanks yes I know about Charles Dauna

Dauna

Dauna Report 4 Sep 2003 07:21

Thanks William. Unfortunately I live in the Wilds of Oxfordshire and haven't got a centre locally Dauna

Dauna

Dauna Report 4 Sep 2003 21:31

Is there anyone else who can help me please??? Dauna

Mystified

Mystified Report 5 Sep 2003 08:01

How far are you from Cowley? Oxford have an excellent archives office there. Very helpful staff as well. You could spend hours in there. Good hunting.

Dauna

Dauna Report 5 Sep 2003 08:09

Thanks John where in Cowley is it? I didn't know about it. I thought Oxford Library was the only place. Dauna

Sarah

Sarah Report 5 Sep 2003 19:28

Hi Ive had a quick look on the 1841 Kent census . There are abt 3 COPPING/COPPIN families , 2 of them have a William Living under East Sutton/ Sutton Valance. Both of the Williams are age 15. If you would like to know the details , you can email me at [email protected] Also do you know if William and Martha always lived in Kent as ive also checked on the British Isles Vital Records Index. They have a William COPPIN who was married to a Martha and it lists some of their children born in the 1850`s. However this William and Martha are not living in Kent. Hope that helps a bit Sarah

Dauna

Dauna Report 6 Sep 2003 11:57

Thanks Sarah, I have emailed you Dauna

Sarah

Sarah Report 6 Sep 2003 14:51

Hi Ive emailed you the details of the 1841 and 1891 Census. I hope they are of some use to you . Sarah

Keith

Keith Report 4 Apr 2013 00:09

Hi Dauna,

Martha Coppin was Martha Ann Wakefield born 1826 Lenham Kent daughter of Edmund Wakefield & Mary Rose. I am descended from Martha's sister Caroline Wakefield born 1819, who married James Sharp in 1844 in Thurnham Kent and came to New South Wales, Australia in 1857.
I am happy to share my info with you. My email address is [email protected]
Look forward to hearing from you soon. - Keith Hayden

Keith

Keith Report 4 Apr 2013 00:10

Hi Dauna,

Martha Coppin was Martha Ann Wakefield born 1826 Lenham Kent daughter of Edmund Wakefield & Mary Rose. I am descended from Martha's sister Caroline Wakefield born 1819, who married James Sharp in 1844 in Thurnham Kent and came to New South Wales, Australia in 1857.
I am happy to share my info with you. My email address is [email protected]
Look forward to hearing from you soon. - Keith Hayden

jax

jax Report 4 Apr 2013 02:46

Hi Keith welcome to the boards

Dauna posted this almost 10 years ago and has no posts to her name so it looks like she is no longer using this site

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Apr 2013 05:10

Keith

Please do remove your email address from your post ......... GR is not a safe site, and GR does state that they will remove email addresses, mailing addresses, and phone numbers when posted in the open.

As Jax says, Dauna has not posted since 2003, the very early days of GR, and is showing as having no posts to her name, which indicates that she is no longer a member of the site.

The only possible thing that you could do is send her a pm (personal message) through GR ................. but whether they can deliver it to her will depend whether they still have an email address on file, and whether that is still in use by her. Which, I fear is rather doubtful.

To send her a message, just click on her name, type your message in the box that appears, then click Submit

good luck

But PLEASE do remove your email address

sylvia

Dauna

Dauna Report 30 Jul 2013 13:22

Hi I am still a member of this site and have now messaged Keith.

jax

jax Report 30 Jul 2013 13:28

How odd that it said "0" posts in April now says 54 :-S

Have you posted 54 times since April 2013 Dauna?