Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've lost my Grandad!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 1 Sep 2003 18:17

I've been trying to find info on my Great,Great Grandad but he seems to have disappeared after the 1881 census. The 1881 census states that Frank Woods (my g,g,grandad), a miller (born Frenlingham, Suffolk 1846) was living in Everton, Liverpool with his wife Janet and 2 children. He isn't with his wife on the 1891 census (maybe someone could verify this - he may have been elsewhere on the night) I assume that he died between the census' but cannot find a death for him. I've looked on freebmd but there is no Frank Woods of the right age, I have however found a Francis Woods who died in Liverpool in 1890 but it gives his age as 40 (he would have been 44)On the 1837 site I've found the death of a Francis Woods in 1886 in Prestwich and gives the age 39 (possible)How can I find out if either of these belong to my family and if they don't, how can someone just disappear?