Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Names seen in The soldiers Museum Gloucester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Aug 2003 14:13

Visited the Soldiers Museum Glos. today, the museum of the Gloucesters Regiments. Some names spotted were: A Painting of Lt Col Charles Cadell 28th reg. served from 1804 - 1826 The temporary cross used to mark the grave of 9423 L/Cpl Percival Cyril Fitzpatrick. from Bristol, died of wounds in France aged 18 in 1915 Frank King of Gloucester killed Dunkirk aged 22 years. Medals displayed. Lt Col Charles Turner born 1876 probably Bristol, died 1961 - His life story detailed in display case. There are also several books on display listing all the members of the Gloucesters killed in battle, some detail of which memorial they are on. I noted 4 with the name Ingram as that is one of 'my' names. Private A E Ingram 15790 - Loos Memorial France Lt A H Ingram Loos memorial France Private H Ingram 5331 Thiepval memorial France Private W Ingram 235130 Tyne Cot memorial Belgium. there were other names, photos and paintings but I didn't have the time to write them all down. Ann Glos