Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unusual Names

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

47551 Report 23 Jul 2003 19:41

If any would like to know if there are any people with the unusual names of your ancestors still resident in the UK, sometime ago I bought the UK INFO disc with the 2000 Electoral Roll on it and I might as well put it to good use and help some of you. Let me know what you are looking for and I will send you what I find. Beware though - with some names there are hundreds!!! Regards, Nesta

Alison

Alison Report 23 Jul 2003 19:48

Nesta I am researching the Clilverd surname in 1901 there were only 34 people with the surname and 16 of those were female.5 of the men were killed in the 1st world war.If you could do a look up for me I would be very greatful

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Jul 2003 20:06

Thank you Nesta. Such a kind offer. I am researching PAKE.Also known as PAIK in the 1800's. Don't know if there are any of the latter still around. Think they all changed to Pake in the late 1800's for some reason. Thanks again. Regards Margaret

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 23 Jul 2003 20:14

Nesta, You are a gem, I am researching Buddell, (among others!) if you could help would appreciate it. Kim

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 24 Jul 2003 08:33

I am looking for Pricegoor/Pricegore/Price originating in Radnorshire. Had some help yesterday from this site, where one kind person found that the family substituted Price on some occasions, but the original Pricegoor may have been originally a Welsh name. Only appearance so far is on 1881 Census for two marriages in 1880. There are lots of Gores and Prices in Wales so maybe people forgot how to spell it. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 24 Jul 2003 11:26

Thanks Nesta for the information. It's the first time I have had confirmation that the name Price-Gore actually exists. I don't know if they are related, but I hope to make a tie-up. Can you tell me the meaning of the number in their address?

Linda

Linda Report 24 Jul 2003 11:35

I would love information on HEARNDEN if that was possible. Thank you Linda Bridge

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 24 Jul 2003 11:42

Thank you for such a kind offer. I am researching the name Durier. There are certainly no others on this site!

Terence

Terence Report 24 Jul 2003 11:57

I have the only Rennerd on the site. Any info would be gratefully received. Terry

Maxine

Maxine Report 24 Jul 2003 13:12

Hi Nesta Its really kind of you to put this offer up. If you get a chance (it looks like you've a few to work through yet!) I am looking for Landeg(g)s and Disingtons. Hopefully these shouldn't have too many(I'll do the Smiths & Jones myself lol) Any info gratefully received. Many Thanks Maxine

47551 Report 24 Jul 2003 14:25

I hope that all the above have received the information I have sent you. Please shout if I have missed anything. Regards, Nesta

Julie

Julie Report 24 Jul 2003 14:51

I`d be very grateful if you could look up the name Glinwood for me ,I can`t fins anyone with this name on the 1881 or the 1901 census. But i know there were brothers who must have carried on the name.Doesn`t sound to me like an unusual name but i seem to have hit the famous brick wall.lots of thanks Julie.

jmoonlabelle1@gmail.com

[email protected] Report 24 Jul 2003 15:06

I am looking for Moon in Hastings/St. Leonard's, Sussex please, thank you!

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jul 2003 15:35

Hi Nesta, I am looking for three names which are rare on GC. They are Truby, Templer and Cherry. Any info would be useful, Thanks, Jim

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jul 2003 19:38

Thanks again Nesta. You made my day yesterday. Looks like you have your work cut out for you now! Let me know if I can help you with your Scottish ancestors. Regards Margaret

Maxine

Maxine Report 24 Jul 2003 20:48

A big Thank You to Nesta for all her help - it is much appreciated.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Jul 2003 21:38

Nesta, If you could fit me in,and lookup my family name of HEDAUX, It would be much appreciated.....Thanks Bob

Pamela

Pamela Report 24 Jul 2003 21:41

Nesta, If you are still up for this could you look up Dearness (there were only 22 in England in 1881, I am not sure if there are any left) Thanks Pam

George

George Report 24 Jul 2003 23:12

Can you send me any Michael Sturdy's listed as long as there are'nt too many. Also any Sicklings, Newricks, and any Little's living in Whitley Bay area. Thank you George

Rosi

Rosi Report 24 Jul 2003 23:47

Nesta- what a brave offer! If you do have any time or inclination left pleae would you look up any Fraas or Frass that are still about? Also Poyses? Many thanks. And if you have any North Essex Rellies that I may be able to help you with I will gladly and devotedly do so! Rosi. Colch. ESS