Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Iron Foundry in Brecon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 9 Jul 2003 12:56

My ggrandfather was not with his family on the 1901 census although his wife was living with her mother and her children in Manchester. I know he was still alive as she is stated as being married (rather than widowed). I have now found an Edward Ford who is the right age, an iron worker, boarding in Brecon. (His occupation on his marriage cert in 1887 was chemical works labourer). I have 2 questions:- 1). Does anyone know whether he would have moved to Brecon for work around that time, eg. a chemical works closing down so shortage of work. 2). The census says this Edward was born in St John, Lancashre. Does anyone know whether this is in Manchester (or Salford) as that's where my gg was born. Any advice would be appreciated. Lynne Sale CHS