Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 3 Jul 2003 15:06

HI,I AM A BEGINER TO THIS AND AM STRUGGLING.BOTH SIDES OF MY FAMILY ARE IRISH AND DID NOT COME TO ENGLAND BEFORE THE 1950'S.OF COURSE MOST OF THE INFO I NEED WILL BE FROM SOUTHERN IRELAND DATA.IT APPEARS THAT MOST OF THE GOOD SITES ON THE NET HAVE LOADS OF INFO ABOUT AMERICAN OR ENGLISH EVENTS.DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD SITES WITH SOUTHERN IRELAND INFO?ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET A COPY OF THE 1901 OR 1911 CENCUS FOR IRELAND,OR DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS AND BE WILLING TO DO A LOOK UP FOR ME? I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP,AS I HAVE SPENT MANY HOURS RESEARCHING BUT AS IM NOT TERRIBLY COMPUTER LITERATE,I WONDER IF I AM DOING IT RIGHT. REGARDS CATHERINE