Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kathleen Wade

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katwin

Katwin Report 14 May 2003 08:37

East End of London - Parish Registers London Borough of Tower Hamlets For those of you researching events which took place in the East End of London pre-1937 (Tower Hamlets only) there is a wonderful library in Bancroft Road, E1 which holds all the local parish registers as well as censuses on microfilm and is extremely helpful. I e-mailed them with details of my ancestors marriage in Stepney 1818 and they immediately send me the marriage certificate free of charge!! For all of you tracing events in old parish records, also censuses local to that area, try the library local to the event! Suzanne :- So glad the trick with the batch numbers on the Mormon site worked for you. I got it from a tip left by some clever person quite a while ago and have been using it ever since!!! You are quite right about genesconnected having a tricks of the trade board, as the really good ones get lost among all the messages left. Kathy Bicester, Oxon.