Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Monica Chiles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 9 May 2003 23:19

Jessica, I used my census decoder to find Lucy and her 3 sisters---the youngest is only 2 months old born in Toynton All Saints so you could speculate that they are still there,but what puzzled me was that there seemed to be no parents in the household. I first thought the transcriber couldnt decipher the place, but I am wondering whether they are in some sort of orphanage or school. My grandad's entry on the census when he was 14, also had no details and When I paid to view I got a list of 14 yr old boys, but I couldn't find the name of the institution or school. By the way, Toynton All Saints is a church in Spilsby, which is the registration district which also covers New Leake.