Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lynne Coakley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 9 May 2003 16:07

I have posted this on the Trying to Find board already but need help so can anyone advise:- John Michael Humphreys born approx 1870 (aged 30 on 1901 census) was the father of my grandmother, Alice Humphreys born 1898; John born 1896 and Fanny born 1894. I can find no trace that he ever married their mother, Alice (nee Owen). She and the children were born in Manchester and the 1901 census also states that John was born in Manchester. I have searched all the records at my local FRO, the 1837 online site, FreeBMD and 1881 census. Until I find a marriage record I am unable to pursue him any further. I am at a loss as to why there is no trace of him. Can anyone advise me of any other way I can find him? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Lynne, Sale