Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Monica Chiles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 12 Apr 2003 23:51

Jill, my understanding is that you post on the guest board if you want to talk to Stephen Pankhurst and the makers of the site with specific queries about the site etc and you post on the tips board the questions you want to ask other users about genealogy in general or answer other users queries----however! if someone else replies to a query on the guest board, you have a choice 1 you say you will answer on the tips board, 2 ignore them and be rude 3 answer them back on the guest board and clog up that site with the wrong type of message! What further complicates the issue is when people post thier trying to find messages on the guest book so you and I spend a fortune in time and money checking every single board every day so we dont miss that message which will help us with our tree. Perhaps Stephen could make the words above the boards more explicit--- but does he read this board or should I post that suggestion on the guest board!!!!!! Ps I think the cookies were to do with downloading the deja vu from the 1837 online census, my computer obviously has cookies cos I downloaded it ok without havig to enable them or crumble them!