Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Monica Chiles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 12 Apr 2003 19:53

Bruce- when I deleted my tree I lost the link anyway so I cant go back and check where we linked, but I assume it was the ancestor we had in common. April- find your grandad again on freebmd then click on the blue page numbers on the right and this will take you to a list of 4 people ( usually) his wife will be one of them and you may be able to work out which is which if one has a family name or they cross reference on familysearch or a census Tracey, dont put all your trust in the census enumerators, I have read the originals of many censi and I have found lazy mistakes eg my great grandad was born in Westminster and the enumerator went to the house next door, whose reidents were born in Battersea, popped to my ggrandad and wrote ditto for him and his family!!!! My advice is key in both places whenever you do any research. If you click on the distict name on freebmd it will say all the villages it covered.