Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Monica Chiles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 21 Mar 2003 16:59

Hello everybody, about the missing numbers- using the Id codes in the 1901 census-what I found was , that I keyed in the names I knew about and found gaps in the consecutive Id nos, so searched again just putting in surname and civil parish, and found the missing number with the same family name , with an age that would fit as a middle sibling, so I am noting it down and assuming it was a brother or a sister I had no knowledge of up to then,I have 2 databases, a tree I have proved by family knowledge aand other sources, and a boxfile of speculative relations I am waiting to prove. I havent tried Veras download facility yet, so that might help. Of course the definitive way of finding the whole group is to pay to view, with my scrooge way you find the head, find the others one by one and establish their relationship to the head and make assumptions. Marion, I cannot find a relative James Walsh on the 1881 census, he was either drinking guinness or had an alias. I am not recorded on last years census properly cos I was doing a night duty in a private house and went to fill it in and another nurse had already sent it off the week before! If that can happen in this century , what hope have we in finding our ancestors!