Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Monica Chiles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 20 Mar 2003 00:48

Samantha, the extra details you have to pay for after your free searches include the finer ones like street names, but I have used the info I got free from the 1901 census, eg civil parish addresses to help me narrow down the search and locate peeps in the 1881 census which you can see free at the familysearch site, which gives you more details of streets etc . I have also been to London and the Surrey History Centre to look at all the censuses from 1841 But now after 2 years of researching Im stuck before 1837 cos I cant travel to Suffolk to trace my roots anyfurther. if you have your great aunts birthdates have you tried finding them on freebmd, if so you can oder their certificates and get their parents details to carry on your research.Night.