Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alison Whitby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Nov 2002 16:56

When entering your information in the Trying to Find board please give as much information as possible. *Be specific about location and dates eg"I am searching for any Bloggs..." This is vague and will not get you many replies unless the surname is extremely unusual *Type your surname in CAPITAL LETTERS! As the message boards get longer it is easier to spot a surname if it is in upper case *Give a town or county where your surname is known to have lived. eg "I am looking for BLOGGS who are/lived in Hertfordshire" This narrows the search down so that if there is a BLOGGS reading your message they will know if your information or request is likely to match theirs. *List any dates known I am currently transcribing the 1891 census for Hendon, Middlesex and regularly visit Nottingham and Derby Record office. Please contact me if you require a free look up ( no more than 2 names please)