Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Visit to Dyrham, a few names spotted.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Aug 2007 15:42

While at Dyrham Park yesterday I visited st Peter's church which is adjacent to Dyrham Park house. I took photos of a grave set in the church floor for ................................... Ann daughter of John WYNTER of Dirham in the county of Gloucestershire departed this life January 30th 1684.....................................................................And a tomb of George WYNTER died 1581 and his wife Anne......................................................................................................... On the wall of the church was a memorial plaque to 3 people, buried in the churchyard, who died in the war................................................. Honor Isabel SALMON 19.4.1943 age 30 flying one of HM aircraft near calne...................................................................... John PITMAN on active service in Palestine 1.10.1943 age 36................................................John PITMAN BUTLER from wounds received in action in Libya 17.7.1940 age 29................................................................................ There were also plaques in the church to.................. Sir George BEST ROBINSON Baronet 27.1.1835 age 57 and............................................Dame Louisa.......Wife of the above.......... daughter of Major General DOUGLAS 9 August 1845 age 49................................................ I also have a photo of the baptismal roll which covers from about 1933 to 1960 if anyone thinks they might have relatives who were baptised in st Peter's I will look for them.................................................................. Dyrham is 8 miles north of Bath and 12 miles east of Bristol........................................Ann...........Glos