Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Online parish clerks AKA OPCs

Page 5 + 1 of 6

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 6 Jul 2011 17:55

For new readers

philmoir

philmoir Advisor Report 14 Oct 2011 17:57

This thread has been restored

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 14 Oct 2011 21:23

Thank you for rescuing it ;-)

Derek

Derek Report 15 Oct 2011 21:07

Hi Joy..have PM'd you about Derbyshire possibilities. and Phil Moir is a diamond..you may or may not know he rescued my Derbyshire thread.

Derek

Martyn

Martyn Report 18 Oct 2011 08:46

I have found this facility most useful when researching my ancestry from Kilkhampton in Cornwall. The OPC has been most helpful when I have had the odd query or two. (She actually lives in Canada!).

Devon, I know, is in the process of adopting the scheme, though, unfortunately for me, those towns and villages in which I have an interest have yet to come into the scheme. May that day come soon!

Martyn

Mari

Mari Report 3 Nov 2011 00:03

Nudge

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 4 Nov 2011 19:04

Nudging this up for an enquiry on find ancestors

Kiwibird

Kiwibird Report 21 Aug 2012 07:20

Nudge

Renes

Renes Report 14 May 2013 13:35