Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Holdens Annual Directory 1811.(look Up Offer)

Page 2 + 1 of 4

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 6 Aug 2007 21:49

Hi Sharmala Thanks for the offer. If Gloucester city is included could you please check for Benjamin Legge - he was a pipemaker. Many thanks Jacqui

Jane

Jane Report 6 Aug 2007 22:15

Thank you for looking for me, Sharm! Thank you Jane

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 6 Aug 2007 22:21

Don't suppose it lists any Wilcocksons in Weybridge, Surrey does it? Or the Bonnet family in Spalding, Lincolnshire? Thanks.

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 7 Aug 2007 14:51

Hello Padkat i looked for you and sorry nothing came up with that name. Gillian Sorry nothing came up. Orange cat and gatehouse Sorry but kingston isle isnt listed. Georgina I cant just search on countys sorry, if you know the town i will look again. Paul Barton Sorry but nothing came up with those names. Best wishes Sharmala. Sharmala.

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 7 Aug 2007 20:31

Hello and thanks for your offer Am interested in Newark Notts and looking for a Jonas Ward, particularly a company called Ward and Baggaley Elaine

Margaret Ashburton NZ

Margaret Ashburton NZ Report 7 Aug 2007 21:28

would it by any chance have the name Steventon Nantwich Bootmakers but not sure just how early Thanks!Margaret

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 8 Aug 2007 01:45

Hi, thank you for your kind offer. I don't know if it will cover my towns. First is Corsham in Wiltshire, but if it does could you please check for Hiscocks/Hiscocks, Thatcher and Harding/Harden Also, Gwennap for any Matthews or Manuel/Manuell. And Plymstock for Horn Thank you very much (these are all my dead ends that fall around that time period) Liz

Gigi

Gigi Report 8 Aug 2007 07:12

Thanks for looking Sharmala. G

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 8 Aug 2007 15:30

hello Elaine, Margaret and Summer scribe Sorry but those towns arent listed. Regards Sharmala.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 8 Aug 2007 17:31

Hi Sharmala Anything on any Mocock (likely to be gunsmiths) - probably London - could be Whitechapel, Middlesex - could be south of the river so under Surrey - might also be in Staffordshire but that's a long shot. Could be a connection to Badd(e)ley (metal workers in Hors(e)leydown, Southwark). - the spellings of these names and places seems to vary! Many thanks fingers crossed Jill

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 8 Aug 2007 18:00

Hi Sharmala Thanks for looking Elaine

Padkat

Padkat Report 8 Aug 2007 18:32

Hi Sharmala Thanks for looking anyway, appreciate you taking the time. Looks like my Hamilton/Haysman puzzle lives to confuse me another day. :)) Kate

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 8 Aug 2007 20:56

Hi Sharmala Could you check for a Richard Lowe in Coventry please. He was a teacher I believe. many thanks Sylvia

~Summer Scribe~

~Summer Scribe~ Report 8 Aug 2007 23:49

Thanks for looking anyway. Liz

Margaret Ashburton NZ

Margaret Ashburton NZ Report 9 Aug 2007 08:34

Thanks for looking anyway Margaret Another thought any luck John Steventon grocer Newcastle margaret

Joan

Joan Report 9 Aug 2007 09:36

Sharmala, are there any Hudsons from Birmingham or Worcester, please? Thanks Joan

Pam

Pam Report 9 Aug 2007 11:44

Hi Sharm Could you please have a look for the following if the areas are covered Cowdell /Coldhill / Coldwell- Stockport. Cheshire / Thornhill. W.Yorkshire Logan - Liverpool William Morris - Albrighton. Shropshire Powney/Poney/Pony - Sedgley. Staffordshire William Tipping / Tippen - Knutsford. Cheshire / Manchester l hope this isn't asking for too many at once Thanks in advance Pam

Camille

Camille Report 9 Aug 2007 11:53

Thanks Sharm, do your records cover Bucklebury , Berkshire ? Lulli x

Marie

Marie Report 9 Aug 2007 13:40

Hi Does this cover Newcastle upon Tyne or Standon in Hertfordshire ? Thanks Marie x

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 9 Aug 2007 14:29

hello jill sorry but nothing came up with those names Sharmala