Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Woo hoo - 3 days world wide ancestry freebie again

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 25 Oct 2007 12:28

Some one on the family tree forum just added a link - ancestry are giving the 3 days free world wide access again - no credit card details required.

http://landing.ancestry.com/popularmedia/hs1.aspx?landingpage=3DF_nc&o_iid=32618&o_lid=32618&o_it=32845

LindseyJ

LindseyJ Report 25 Oct 2007 13:03

Thankyou for that info - have just logged on......excellent! now have to find time to get lots of research done..

Lindsey

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 Oct 2007 13:20

Thanks Heather
And there is no bar because you have used a previous trial.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Oct 2007 13:26

Its thanks to goonergirl on FTF! Some people over there have had a problem using the link. If you cant get through that way, go to your usual ancestry page and enter a search for someone in the states and hopefull you will then be given the 3 days offer.

Jim, I thought Id get barred as Id had the freebie for world wide before but nope.

Germaine

Germaine Report 25 Oct 2007 13:29

Thanks Heather will try in a bit got visitors coming and don't want to wate any time on it.
Hope it is like Jim says and will wrok even though I have had time before.
Germaine
x

Heather

Heather Report 25 Oct 2007 13:33

Yes Germaine, it works even if youve had the world wide trial for three days before.

Julie

Julie Report 25 Oct 2007 13:41

It seems if you've used it before you can't use it again..i have just tried

Heather

Heather Report 25 Oct 2007 13:47

No Julie, both I and Jim have got in and we have most defintely been on there before at least 2 times now!

Try again or go in the other way, just by doing a search. Everyone else has got in, you must be able to.

Julie

Julie Report 25 Oct 2007 14:05

Nope...still locked for me

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 25 Oct 2007 14:26

I can't get in either
Elaine

Germaine

Germaine Report 25 Oct 2007 15:33

Hi I got in in the end it kept telling me I had used my free trial but saw somewhere someone said to put in a different email address so changed mine a little then even spelt it wrong by accident ( honest :-)) and it has let me in how long for I don't know but a user name and password has come up.
Oh by the way I logged out of my own account first
Germaine
x

Heather

Heather Report 25 Oct 2007 15:45

Guys, ignore the padlocks and messages, just try a search - its working for everyone that way on FTF - whether or not youve had a freebie before.

Ron

Ron Report 25 Oct 2007 17:16

Put a false e-mail address in it will work then.

Try something like [email protected]

Ancestry is clocking your previous e-mail address when you had a trial before.

Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com

Neil

Neil Report 25 Oct 2007 19:03

Thanks very much for this - deserves bumping too

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 25 Oct 2007 19:23

Hi
Does it apply to to people who already have UK & Ireland membership.I have tried and it just tried to get me to upgrade.
Gill

Linda G

Linda G Report 25 Oct 2007 19:24

Hi Gill,

I already have UK and I can't get in no matter people have suggested.

I'm just going to keep trying.

Good Luck

Linda

Susan

Susan Report 25 Oct 2007 19:46

Same for me too. Already have ancestry and can't get it. Have tried all sugested options,
Susan

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 25 Oct 2007 20:45

Hi

I also have Ancestry UK, but I typed the exact web address Heather posted, all of it, into the http bit at the top of my screen and I'm in!!

Hope it works for you ladies too.

Kind regards
Amanda

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 25 Oct 2007 20:50

Thank you for the tip Heather.
I have UK ancestry, but was reluctant to upgrade just to search for information on one person.
This was just the opportunity I needed - and I have found what I wanted!

Lynda

Heather

Heather Report 25 Oct 2007 22:24

Bumping for the night shift