Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adoption Help

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 12 Nov 2007 04:01

If anyone has a birth certificate for someone who was adopted and it gives the name of the Registrar next to the word adopted can they add it below. It would be great if we could work out where that Registrar was because then we would probably find what area an adoptee went to. Just an idea that could help people seeking others.

Joan

Gerry mentioned that any registrar could be noted whether the child be adopted or not, so any information available would be great. Registrar's name(title - eg superintendent registrar)/ area/ year would be most helpful.

example: P Cottrill (officer deputed by Registrar General) - adoptee was adopted in 1989 in Rugby.

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 12 Nov 2007 05:42

Registrar in adoption column reads:

E. ? Dennis (Superintendant Registrar)- adoptee was adopted in Liverpool South (Wavertree) 1943.

The second initial is too smudgy to read. If you would like a copy, please pm me.

Deb:)

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 12 Nov 2007 06:47

Registration District Wrexham in the County of Denbigh. 1957
Deputy Superintendent Registrar: Geoffrey Fisher

Edit ***My brother was born in Wrexham Wales and adopted in Hyde, then Cheshire. Wrexham and Chester/Cheshire is not far from each other... but technically different countries***

Registration District Carisle in the County Borough of Carisle. 1972
Registrar: A Glacross

Also, W J Fidler Superintendent Registrar 1972 Carlise.

Good thinking 99 :-)

Cheers Gerry

Al M

Al M Report 12 Nov 2007 13:39

Leyton, when was you father born? Adoption only became possible in 1927. Prior to that things were much more informal.

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 12 Nov 2007 17:01

Hi Joan
E.J. Bowman (officer deputed by Registrar General) - adoptee was adopted Oct 1946
Bradford Yorks.
The registration date was Jan 1947

best wishes
Dave
PS I am in contact with one of mum's sisters and have spoken to mum a couple of times on the phone - progress !!!

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 12 Nov 2007 20:56

Thanks everyone. It's a start.

Joan

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 12 Nov 2007 21:13

Registration District Barry in the County of Glamorgan
adoptee:
Registrar: O G Davies 1951

sprucespringclean

sprucespringclean Report 12 Nov 2007 23:10

n

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 13 Nov 2007 11:44

n

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 14 Nov 2007 01:59

If anyone has a birth certificate for someone who was adopted and it gives the name of the Registrar next to the word adopted can they add it below. It would be great if we could work out where that Registrar was because then we would probably find what area an adoptee went to. Just an idea that could help people seeking others.

Joan

Gerry mentioned that any registrar could be noted whether the child be adopted or not, so any information available would be great. Registrar's name(title - eg superintendent registrar)/ area/ year would be most helpful.

example: P Cottrill (officer deputed by Registrar General) - adoptee was adopted in 1989 in Rugby.

*~*Beve

*~*Beve Report 14 Nov 2007 08:10

My birth certificate has an official stamp on it next to the Registrar's signiture, showing i was adopted in Bristol East

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 14 Nov 2007 09:29

Births (not adopted)

Registration District Preston in the County Borough of Preston 1944
Registrar F. Beardwood.

Registration District of Preston 1967
Deputy Superintendent
Registrar N.J. Tolson

Registration District Coventry in the County Borough of Coventry 1948
Registrar CG Caffelle

Hope this helps

Cheers Gerry

Kay????

Kay???? Report 14 Nov 2007 10:21

I have birth certificates for 2 siblings both adopted in same place both to local families,and remained there,

but two different Sup Registars appear after wording--Adopted,,!!

Leni

Leni Report 14 Nov 2007 14:07

I have a birth certificate for my half sister ,registration district Trowbridge..September 1942

Registrar C Snoad.

On the side of certificate is written,
Adopted .
Thos A Pitts.superintendant Registrar.

Gwyn

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 17 Nov 2007 00:25

Thank you eveyone. Not found any duplicate registrars as yet. I am also receiving information via missing you site.

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 18 Nov 2007 03:20

n

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 20 Nov 2007 19:47

nudge for John

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 21 Nov 2007 02:51

Keep adding everyone please. Can only say it will help people in some way.

Thank you all.

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 21 Nov 2007 18:48

Hi Joan , brilliant idea !!!!

"adopted" Tonbridge 1951 birth in the sub-district of Tunbridge Wells in the county of Kent.

C.C.Newington supt.Registrar

M.Ram Deputy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have one on an adoption cert. the oringal for paddington is unreadable.

1955 North Aylesford Division Chatham B.M. Moad.

Tina

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 22 Nov 2007 03:03

Nudge for help