General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lambcam Alert (Sund)

Page 4 + 1 of 29

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 23 Mar 2008 11:36

Boo hoo I stayed up till 12.30 last night as one of the ladies looked like she was due to give birth any time.

Was soo tired had to leave.......still haven't seen any babbies born yet :O(

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 23 Mar 2008 11:38

Well done Jax!

xx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Mar 2008 11:40

Morning Mau

Well maybe you will see twins born today.

Yes they were enormous in the early hours of this morning,went to bed about 2am.

And up again just before 8,now I know I am addicted to this site....lol

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Mar 2008 11:42

Mau
Whats the weather like up your part of the country.?????

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 23 Mar 2008 11:44

if you are interested there is a site unrelated to these where u can adopt a lamb or sheep.

check out: http://www.adoptalamb.co.uk/

Margaret

Margaret Report 23 Mar 2008 11:49

Just got off the phone to my 14 yr old grand-daughter and just had to tell you. She wants to be a vet and spent most of yesterday helping out at lambing locally to her. She is absolutely full of it. She has not actually managed to see a lamb born but did see one which was only minutes old. She has helped bottle feed, carried newborns by their legs to new pens, put antisepticy stuff (I imagine) on the babies tums and in their mouths to prevent infection, kept pens supplied with fresh clean straw etc. etc. She was really thrilled about a ewe who had three babies, one pure white, one brown and one black and white. She is also going back this afternoon and is eager to check on one ewe who has twins - one black and one white and is concerned that Mum doesn't seem to like the white one and keeps butting it out of the way. She was discussing with me in a very mature way how it may well be that it will have to 'go on one of those machines'. Her care and compassion in regard to these animals is in stark contrast to the two heavy handed folks we have seen on here recently. Just thought you might like to hear that.

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 23 Mar 2008 11:51

Yes Sue i think it is her...............COW

never thought but we could copy and paste the whole thread from Friday night and todays if they want it,then they might realise how annoyed we all get when they don't treat the sheep correctly.

They will probably remove the camera !!!!!!!

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 23 Mar 2008 11:56

It might be worth sending it to the pricipal, BM................anything to avoid another suffering animal.

xx

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 23 Mar 2008 11:57

Margaret,she sounds like she will make a good compassionate vet,we need more like her.

sendind her a (((((((hug )))))))) for being so nice.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Mar 2008 11:59

Blue

Yes they may remove the camera,but I hope it has a tape in it as the Tutor will be able to see how cruel some of the trainees can be.

Margaret
give your grandaughter a hug from me,hope she goes on the realise her dream of being a vet.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 23 Mar 2008 12:00

Hope your grandaughter gets to see a lamb or 2 born today, she deserves to after all her hard work.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Mar 2008 12:01

Blue don't forget that guy that threw the lamb into the pen.was that Friday night/early Sat morning.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 23 Mar 2008 12:02

I bet all the sheep have got their legs crossed now knowing she is on duty at Chichester.

Hugs to Margaret's grandaughter from me too

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 23 Mar 2008 12:08

Sue that was Friday night..

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Mar 2008 12:11

Well I just hope that there is video in the office that is taping all the sheep having theeir lambs as then there is proof of the staff/trainees,kicking and throwing.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 23 Mar 2008 12:15

Yes lets hope so

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 23 Mar 2008 12:21

Sorry Sue i've just come back on.
Well we had a good sprinkling of the white stuff first thing,but now sun is out snow has melted and it's a lovely spring day!

So glad the blooming wind has died down though,frightening, it causes so much damage,and freezing cold.
Travelled home up country Friday hit all kinds of horrible weather.......but it is still March...has been known to snow in April too!

Have a good Easter Sunday
Mau xx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Mar 2008 12:23

Mau

Hope you have a good Easter Sunday,don't eat too many choccy eggs....lol

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 23 Mar 2008 13:00

I have just posted a thread on ftf about these webcams.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 23 Mar 2008 15:30

is anyone still watching? I think there could be a birth soon.