General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lambcam Alert (Mon).

Page 0 + 1 of 24

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 24 Mar 2008 05:41

Looks like there has been more lambs born in the night, the pen is up but can't see in it. Just reading back on yesterdays alert, was the mum & little one ok from last night.Does'nt look like many sheep left.
Hilary. x

Hilary

Hilary Report 24 Mar 2008 05:42

There is a tiny one on right of picture from next lot.
Hilary. x

Hilary

Hilary Report 24 Mar 2008 05:49

They have now put mum & little one from next door in pen at top of picture.
Hilary.

Hilary

Hilary Report 24 Mar 2008 07:19

Wakey wakey all you lamb watchers. Everyone having a lie in this morning?
Hilary x

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 24 Mar 2008 07:44

Morning Hilary ~~~the straw looks interesting......lol

julia of sussex

julia of sussex Report 24 Mar 2008 07:44

im awake but i must get a coffee

i looked in at 4.30 and there was a pen top left and one sheep sitting on her own

julia x

ps morning

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 24 Mar 2008 07:47

Morning Julia,just fed and watered the cat, got my coffee so i'm ok for a while.

Hilary

Hilary Report 24 Mar 2008 07:53

Morning all, missed them taking the pens away. i was actually trying to get rid of some of my hot matches. Looks a bit empty now. I shall be away for most of the day. Work calls. So annoying that the daily mundane things get in the way of lamb watching.
Hilary. x

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Mar 2008 07:54

Good Morning ladies. OMG, I am knackered

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 24 Mar 2008 08:04

Why,what have you been up to ?

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Mar 2008 08:14

hahaha,

Stressing about sheep needing help to give birth and not being able to do anything about it.

What time were you up to last night?

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 24 Mar 2008 08:16

We went the pub last night so it was about 1 o'clock when we go home,about 2 when i went bed.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Mar 2008 08:27

you missed all the drama.

2 sheep almost have babies at the same time, the first one decided to stop contracting when the 2nd one decided to drop. They she got involved with the baby. 2nd one had another (where were the staff). Then some chap arrived with a cup of tea in one hand and penned off and then removed the correct mother with the babies.

Then the original one who was gonna have the babies first decided it was her turn again. She really should have been first she was struggling so much, then suddenly 2 actually 3 people arrived and then pinned her down and off camera assisted her to give birth. It appeared they had breathing trouble. Then after being penned someone came and remove them from the pen, mother alive (lets hope the babies were too).

I went to bed about 12.30 I think? I really cant remember but I am truly exhausted.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Mar 2008 08:29

oh and we are all going to complain about how they are treating the sheep/lambs. We have witnessed kicking of all concerned.

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 24 Mar 2008 08:32

I am glad i was at the pub,otherwise i might have hit the bottle at home.
no wonder you are exhausted,sounds like it was a stressful evening.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Mar 2008 08:34

thank god I didnt have any alcohol in cos I may have done the same. I couldnt get any in, cos I didnt have time to get dressed yesterday! Too busy watching sheep and lambs

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Mar 2008 08:37

Lets send signals to Chichester. We need more sheep in the pen please.

Hilary

Hilary Report 24 Mar 2008 08:37

Hi Fi, if you witnessed people kicking the sheep/lambs then most certainly complain. Absolutely no need for that at all. I thought the students were watching 24/7.
Hilary. x

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 24 Mar 2008 08:43

I think the students are probably all too busy chatting or messing about to be keeping a proper eye on what's going on. My reason for thinking this is that one mother, as mentioned by Fi, was in distress late last night, but it seemed an age before people (3) turned up to assist, which she clearly needed. The lambs also, as they had to be coaxed to breathe (ie whizzed about in the air) - and even then we don't know if mum and lambs were ok, cos most of this was half on/half off camera.

Oh, and the ones who had been born just before that were left for ages til some lazy so 'n so turned up with tea in one hand, to shove them all about with his gurt big foot. Certainly not a person with a sympathetic nature.

I have complained.

K

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 24 Mar 2008 08:43

if only they were Hilary