General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Birthday Girls Card Making Group CLOSED NEW

Page 0 + 1 of 20

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 1 Apr 2008 00:15

April 1st and a new thread
The thread is for our card making group to chat and exchange news and ideas.
If you are not a member please join in our chat anyway, and if you think you would like to become a member please let me know. The aim of the group is to have fun and enjoy crafting!
Joxx

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 1 Apr 2008 00:17

Hi everyone thought it was time for a new thread, so here it is.

Hope you didn't have too much difficulty finding it.

Weather today was very mixed here lets hope now it is April it will improve.
Will be back later to give it a nudge
Joxx

Mrs Badcrumble

Mrs Badcrumble Report 1 Apr 2008 08:04

ooh, a shiny new thread!

Hope everyone is well. I've had no internet access at home for the past 3 weeks (BT exchange problem, apparently - not sure I believe them!). It's still not working, but luckily I've got a week off work and I'm staying at a friends so I can get online as much as he'll allow me to!

My friend is expecting a baby in July, and I've decided to make her a 'sock bouquet'. Saw these on another message board, and they look so lovely. Just google 'baby sock bouquet' and you'll see what I mean.

Ah well, off to make breakfast now - bacon sandwich, anyone?

Have a great day

Nadine x

Anne

Anne Report 1 Apr 2008 08:12

Ooooh yes please. Never heard of sock bouquet, so will look it up.

Have a good day everyone, I'm going out to lunch with a group of friends to celebrate the 70th birthdays of a couple of them. Mine'll come too soon.

Anne

IssyB

IssyB Report 1 Apr 2008 13:05

Hello ladies,

I have been reading your thread with much interest and I would love to become a member I have been a cardmaker for about 5 years now. I love trying out new techniques. I also enjoy making ATC's, my problem is I don't like giving them away!!! I did swap a few at the Create and Craft booth at Alexandra Palace but the truth is I dont have anyone else to swap with.

I have been reseaching my family history for about 12 months, its a very slow process as there are so many Welsh names like Davies, might as well be Smith!!

Regards

Issy

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Apr 2008 13:16

hi all

Jo, I have put 'closed' on the other thread to save confusion if it comes up when people search.

Can't play on here long as I am supposed to be packing - go away tomorrow for 2 weeks to Tenerife.
have sent all the April cards early.

Ann
Glos

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 1 Apr 2008 13:58

Found you all :)

Thanks for the new thread Jojo.

Ann have a lovely holiday you lucky thing

Heather x

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 2 Apr 2008 18:02

Welcome to Issy, you will enjoy our group Issy.

Heather x

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 2 Apr 2008 22:09

Ann have a lovely holiday

Nadine love the sock bouquet, at least it can be kept, pity both my grandsons have arrived already!! Still you never know son and DIL might have one someday.

Welcome to the group Issy, hope you really enjoy it with us.

Hope Sylvia and Jill find the thread OK.

IssyB

IssyB Report 2 Apr 2008 22:24

Hi Jo Jo and Heather

Thanks for your welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.

Issy

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 3 Apr 2008 08:13

Thanks for the PM, found this ok :)))

Many thanks for all the lovely birthday cards, they were all so different and have given me lots of new ideas xx
Not been about much since Sunday as have Kelly and RĂ©mi staying with us and what with baby cuddles , bottle feeding lambs and the men coming about the stairs and later today to fit the wardrobe, its been very hectic.
No time for the internet or crafting !!!

Hope everyones keeping well
and a very Happy Birthday to Babs xxxx

Welcome Issy and hope you enjoy the swaps :)))

xx Jill

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 3 Apr 2008 09:49

Morning girls, Happy Birthday Babs x x (doing this from my mobile hope it works) Heather x x

Jo Jo

Jo Jo Report 3 Apr 2008 10:34

Heather, Now I have to ask - how do you do it from your mobile, there again even if you told me I suppose I need something other than the brick I currently use!!

Jill glad you enjoyed your birthday and had lots of lovely cards. It must lovely to have Remi staying with you.

syljo

syljo Report 3 Apr 2008 20:22

Well winter has disappeared again and it is quite mild with the sun peeping on us now and again. Summer cannot come sooner for me, I love the sun.
Isn't it nice to welcome another member to our friendly little group. Welcome Issy, yes this is the most friendly group I have come across, no quarrels, plenty of tips etc.etc. and even get a birthday card thrown in on your birthday. Yes, I'm here to stay.
Sylvia xxx

*~*~ Maisie from  Wales. *~*~

*~*~ Maisie from Wales. *~*~ Report 3 Apr 2008 21:53

Hello All, Thanks for the new thread Jo,
Welcome to Issy you will have a lovely time with all these super ladies they are such a great bunch welcome on board.
Many thanks for all the cards that have arrived for my Birthday today plus the greetings on here. The cards are so beautiful and every one of them different, I have had a lovely Birthday and Wedding Anniversary today as well. Thanks all once again.
Jill how lovely to have your grandson with you enjoy the cuddles, going now to look at baby sock!! Take care Love Maisie xx

Mrs Badcrumble

Mrs Badcrumble Report 4 Apr 2008 06:16

Morning! Hope everyone is okay.

Just 2 quick things.

If anyone has a Sizzix machine, ellisondesign.co.uk has got a 75% sale on at the moment (but be warned, its very easy to spend lots of money!)

and I don't know if anyone knows about this - making cards for charity (got until the end of April). All the info on this website:
http://www.create-a-card-for-cancer-care.org/

Have a great day!

Nadine x (I'm on holiday - why do I keep getting out of bed so early??)

Anne

Anne Report 4 Apr 2008 08:39

Welcome, Izzy, We have good chats and enjoy each other's company.

It's a lovely day today in Newcstle, and I want to get on with the garden as hail is predicted for the weekend. I mowed my back lawn yesterday, and it was so long, I was shattered when I had finsihed.

Love to all

Anne.

Irish Angel

Irish Angel Report 4 Apr 2008 09:42

Morning
New thread good idea Jo
Welcome to the group Issy I know you will enjoy it.
Ann I hope you and your friends enjoy your lunch this is what my dad always said how old would you be if you didn't know how old you was.
I am hoping that everyone is healthy and happy
I'm still very busy caring for both mum's my mum is doing really well and looking forward to being in a garden she loves the summer.
Mum in law deteriorating by the day such a cruel illness Alzheimer's just watching somebody change from been one person to somebody completely different is really sad.
Take care be happy
Love Lynne and mums :-)

*~*~ Maisie from  Wales. *~*~

*~*~ Maisie from Wales. *~*~ Report 4 Apr 2008 10:00

Lynne . Have pm'd you my darling. Maisie xx

HeatherinLeicestershire

HeatherinLeicestershire Report 4 Apr 2008 10:11

Morning girls,

Lynne (((HUGS))) for you xxxx

The weather is beautiful here in Cheshire (at the moment).
Off to my little craft group later.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Heather xx