General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

narcissistic mothers

Page 9 + 1 of 34

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 17 Oct 2011 04:55

That was something that came to me when it was mentioned too, that ring might have taken her partner a while to save up for, and now it means nothing and she is going to buy a more expensive one? Shallow stupid woman! Surely she could just have a very expensive dress ring and still use her engagement ring as such.

Another one who doesn't seem to deserve the money, and after only three tries too! That really gets my goat, it's not as if she has really ever paid into the lottery funds lol whereas I have been contributing every since it started and the Euromillions one too - where's the justice in that!

Lizx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 16 Oct 2011 22:27

That was what I meant - sentiment/love did not mean much to her. I would not change my engagement ring if OH won lottery. Means too much to me - anyway OH would need his money to buy those two racehorses he talks about if and when he wins!

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Oct 2011 19:42

I think this was what Chris was saying.

Seems the woman knows the cost of all but the value of little.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Oct 2011 17:55

But presumably he would have bought the ring. If the ring was given as a token of their love and engagement I can't see how she is talking about changing it as if it meant nothing.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Oct 2011 10:40

Don't quite see where you are coming from Chris. As a tenent myself I think £800 is a saveable amount , particularly for something that is supposed to be meaningful.

I think you might be saying that the value meant more to her than the sentiment.

I am not arguing here, just trying to clarify your meaning.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 16 Oct 2011 10:30

What got me was she was reported as living in a 1bed council/association dwelling but had a £800 engagement ring and was saying she could have a better one. Priorities sounded wrong prior to the win - to me anyway.

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Oct 2011 10:29

I know we have only been able to read one side of this story but it just sounds too familiar to me.

It seems her son is not particularly bitter about her winning the money but, quite justifyably, angry about the way she has treated him.

It seems she chose to pretend the previous parts of her life didn't happen "everything she does is deniable" . Pretty classic.

I think we can expect her to make a statement soon to the effect that he was imagining it all. Who else had "You and your imagination"?
That was the one that always puzzled and confused me.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Oct 2011 02:07

What an awful way to treat her son, she looks rough with that candyfloss hair and no matter how much money she spends on herself, she won't have class.

Hope her lad can do well without her but she should pay off her debts to the father and others, wonder if people she owes to will catch up with her now they know where to find her and the new name she uses?

Not a deserving winner fo sure, and they had only done the lottery three times before apparently, how unfair!!! Defo should have been me!!!!

Lizx

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Oct 2011 21:49

Readin about her today - she sounds a classic example.

lavender

lavender Report 15 Oct 2011 20:19

What makes you think that, Sharron?

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Oct 2011 19:17

That woman who had the enormous lottery win. Does anybody else think she may have NPD?

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Oct 2011 11:40

Brought up for somebody who needs it.

lavender

lavender Report 4 Sep 2011 15:37

It is hard when one cares much about ones father. Yes, he suffers too but is in denial. Sorry you had to go through all that, Jean.

Jean (Monmouth)

Jean (Monmouth) Report 4 Sep 2011 14:50

Lavender, iI cut off all contact with my mother at age 20 and have never regretted it. I did go to her funeral to support my younger brother and my Dad. Dad had been a victim of her nastiness too.

lavender

lavender Report 2 Sep 2011 22:53

where to start. I'll just say two things that come to mind.

My g/mother and mother were found huddled in the bathroom reading my diary the evening before my wedding

My g/mother hit me repeatedly on the head when I returned from school aged ten having found out where babies came from and telling another child.

it still continues but I am limiting contact. Trying to. Finally. I'm a g/mother myself now.

lavender

lavender Report 2 Sep 2011 22:33

mmm... ty

Sharron

Sharron Report 2 Sep 2011 22:26

Nudged for Sue.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Aug 2011 23:56

nudge

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Jun 2011 11:26

Nudging for somebody who might need it.