General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

photo albums are important to us but

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸Pippi Longsox`*•.¸_)

(¯`*•.¸Pippi Longsox`*•.¸_) Report 8 May 2008 01:36

how many people write under the pictures,who,where and what the subjects are. As i work in a residential home,we see many photo albums but, due to people having short term memory loss,they cannot often remember who the people in the pictures are,and the pictures are often to old for the relatives to remember either,would be nice if we wrote names of people,places and events under our pictures for the future i think,anyone got any views?

Wild Cat

Wild Cat Report 8 May 2008 01:40

Hi, must admit it thing i started doing recently esp baby pics as all tend to look similar.

(¯`*•.¸Pippi Longsox`*•.¸_) Report 8 May 2008 01:42

it might seem like that now,but will mean loads more in the future,was thinking of starting it myself with mine,just wondered if anyone was else did it,its sad to think all the memories fade,the pictures end up meaningless a lot of the time

Wild Cat

Wild Cat Report 8 May 2008 01:46

Theres few old family photos i saw at my parents place & they cant recall who/what relation they were & it is shame, more so with the sepia ones as they seem more poignant.

(¯`*•.¸Pippi Longsox`*•.¸_) Report 8 May 2008 01:51

yep,there must be thousands of albums filled with nameless faces,particularly from the 1940's and sfter the war,those people would have meant so much to the ones taking the pictures,but they mean nothing to anyone anymore,very sad

(¯`*•.¸Pippi Longsox`*•.¸_) Report 8 May 2008 01:55

well,now that ive got that off my chest,i should go to bed,the sleeping pill doesnt help my body or mind to sleep, but it does a good job on my fingers,cant type straight,lol,thank you wild cat for your comments though,goodnight,take care,

Wild Cat

Wild Cat Report 8 May 2008 02:03

Off now soon too good night

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 8 May 2008 06:08

http://www.lostphotos.sgrboards.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE ON LOST PHOTOS

SOMEHOW GOING TO THE SEASIDE
LOOKED SO GLAMEROUS

DIDNT THEY LOOK GREAT

CAN YOU HELP IDENTIFIE

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 6 Jul 2008 18:07

Pippi...you're so right. I've got lovely photographs of relatives and I don't know who they are.

Olga

Olga Report 7 Jul 2008 18:42

I have stared to label my photos. Who is on the photo, when it was taken (the date if I know, or just the year) and where it was taken. Loose photos have a label on the back and photos in albums have labels under or at the side.