General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FOX WITH MANGE!

Page 0 + 1 of 20

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 15:18

If anyone can give me a number to call, I would be really gratefull, as there is a poor animal in really bad condition out my back , I've tried the PDSA, and they gave me an automatited call , I can have a leaflet!!!!

SallyF

SallyF Report 2 Jun 2008 15:21

Try your local vet. They should be able to advise you as to who to call and the number.

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 2 Jun 2008 15:23

Hi Taff,
will your local vets be able to advise who to contact ?

Jax in Wales

Jax in Wales Report 2 Jun 2008 15:24

What about the local RSPCA they should be able to help.

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 2 Jun 2008 15:24

Yes try the vet for an number or RSPCA.

Marion

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 15:26

sorry it was the RSPCA I called, but will try local vets now brb
and thanks
xx

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 15:31

Right the vets going to ring me back, when hes out of his consultation!
fingers crossed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 2 Jun 2008 15:35

http://www.nfws.org.uk/mange/mange01.htm

Theres a number on here too.

Marion

Blue Moon

Blue Moon Report 2 Jun 2008 15:35

http://www.nfws.org.uk/

TEL: 01933 411996

Have a look at this,they might be able to help

In 2008, NFWS continues to lead the way forward in eliminating Sarcoptic mange / canine Mange in foxes across the UK.
These images above show Zorro a fox cub, over a four week period, recovering from a severe case of Sarcoptic mange.
In just 3 months of 2008 we have sent out over 923 bottles of mange treatment
Mange Information
Sarcoptic Mange / Canine Mange is a terrible condition that left untreated will see the death of the infected fox. We believe that if a condition can be treated then it should be, regardless of whether the householder is unwilling, or unable to pay for the treatment. If you have seen a fox with mange and would be willing to provide food (in the form of a jam or honey sandwiches each night), the treatment can be sent to you free of charge. To receive mange treatment and an information leaflet, please click on the Sarcoptic Mange Treatment link ( Top Left ). If you are able to make a donation, please do so, we rely solely on public support.
Copyright National Fox Welfare Society

How Effective Is The Mange Treatment

The mange treatment we send out, through questioning people who have used it, letters back etc, we have found it to work in almost 99% of the cases where foxes have had up to or less than 50% hair loss. We have even had great results with foxes suffering over and above this amount of hair loss, although the results are greater in the former. Please help us by reporting back your results. If for whatever reason the treatment doesn’t seem to be improving the foxes condition please let us know.

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 2 Jun 2008 15:41

Ring a gamekeeper :-)

He'll do for free what a vet will charge for.

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 16:02

Thanks BM, will do!.

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 16:05

Eldrick, SHAME ON YOU!!! I just dont want to see the poor thing suffering, also passing it on to all the local cats!!
and if you offer a air riffle, i will shoot you with it!!LOL

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 2 Jun 2008 16:06

Exactly.

I prefer a .223 for closer range, not an air rifle!

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 16:08

EL,. stop right now!!!!

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 16:09

before you go any further, ...

Taff

Taff Report 2 Jun 2008 16:10

are we going into the meatloaf song???

SallyF

SallyF Report 2 Jun 2008 16:13

STOP RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Before we go any further

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 2 Jun 2008 16:17

Nwfs mange treatment was a success for our back garden fox -almost bare on one side, shivering in winter cold- please send for it.

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 2 Jun 2008 16:20

We all have different views on foxes :-)

On this farm, we lost 27 lambs this year to them, that I know of. I personally hate them.

But, if you like them, that's also fine.

Granny  Grumps

Granny Grumps Report 2 Jun 2008 16:22

Hi Taff fox can be treated with Aludex thats mainge treatment if it lets you near it you can take it to any vets, they are obliged to treat wild life free of charge.

We had one few weeks ago beautiful animal and it was so tame, passed to to rehoming centre.