General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please re Ancestry images UPDATE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 10 Jun 2008 13:33

Just remember I'm a dummy.

Don't know what has happened but since I updated on Ancestry 3 weeks ago I can no longer see the images. At first it gave me the option to download the Enhaced viewer or Active X I think. Anyway I downloaded which worked for that visit but now I can no longer see them.
When I click on see image I have that option to download keep flashing but can't click on it.
Any advice welcome PLEASE.
Hope I've explained this OK.
Pat
Back soon need to feed my friends kids (horrors)

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 10 Jun 2008 13:41

Ancestry has been playing up for weeks, theiir enhanced viewer is not good , send them an E ,mail and complain, as we are all doing. I dont know if you can uninstall the enhanced viewer.
They will send you a cure for it which doesnt always work,and keep complaining. There must be so many of us doing it . Threaten to cancel your membership,

In the meantime if you want look ups just ask .

Christine2

Christine2 Report 10 Jun 2008 14:07

As well as the viewing images problem Pat I have also been unable to log off properly for weeks. I have to do 'control alt delete' everytime and go through the palaver that follows.

When I contacted them they suggested clearing cookies etc but it didn't work. When I e-mailed them again to say I still couldn't log off properly they directed me to a part of the site that needed a separate log in but, when I tried it said that I have never registered for this part of the site !!!!!!!!!?????????

I hope you have more luck than me. My subs are due on 29th but I have cancelled. I shall miss it but I shan't miss the aggravation.

Chrissie

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 10 Jun 2008 15:35

Thanks everyone well at least I know it's not just my puter.
Lindsay
Thank you for your kind offer of a look up
Bobtail
That's exactly how mine is I also use firefox (you explained it better than I did though)
Chrissie
I tried disabling cookies but like you it still didn't work.
I shall be contacting Ancestry and will keep you posted. My subs were not due until September but I had that message come up about update when I phoned (it would not let me log in kept saying someone was already using my details) the number given it told me to update/renew subs and save £27 in total for 13 months. So I did this.

I think I might try my Linux log in instead of windows and see how/if that works.
Thanks for all your help
Pat

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 10 Jun 2008 17:31

Hi again
Contacted Ancestry no reply as yet but have logged into Linux instead of using windows and there is now no problem viewing images.
Have tried on quite a few occasions and no problem.
Pat