General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pre eclampsia.........UPDATE

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Jun 2008 19:12

Hi

Anyone got any experience of this? My friend is due to have her baby on 16th June and is now showing signs of this.......

She's has all the usual symptoms......high blood pressure, swollen (VERY) legs and ankles and doctors have detected a small amount of protein.

What are the chances of her being induced if it's a mild case and the baby is doing ok?. And also do they usually hospitalise mothers til the birth if it's a mild case?.

She's been in hospital now for 24 hours and is starting to get very worried and upset which won't help at all ........ Poor girl has had enough.. Thanks all xx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 10 Jun 2008 19:14

I think I'm right in saying the cure for pre-eclampsia is having the baby...............once delivered the mother is well again very soon.

I hope all goes well for them all.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Jun 2008 19:16

Thanks Kitty. That's my understanding of it too. She's getting herself into a right state about staying in and I feel so helpless ......... I don't think they induce unless they really have to......but I don't know enough about it to be any real comfort to her xx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 10 Jun 2008 19:17

If it is left it can lead to major complications for her................the baby will be almost ready for delivery now anyway, so they will make the decision for her.

She is in the right place.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Jun 2008 19:19

I think so too Kitty....

OMG looks like she could be on course to have the Friday 13th baby after all !!! *faints* lol xx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 10 Jun 2008 19:21

LOL..................is it going to be called Damien?? :))))))))))))))

xx

Websterbfc

Websterbfc Report 10 Jun 2008 19:22

6 days away from EDD they will probably keep her in if and if she has pre eclampsia induce.

all you can do is be there for her and support her. she is in the right place and hers and the babys safety are the most important thing

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Jun 2008 19:22

pmsl..........it's going to be a girl Kitty though I'm sure knowing her sense of humour she'd have had Damion if she could've xx

MrDaff

MrDaff Report 10 Jun 2008 19:30

I had pre-eclampsia with my second son... I was in hospital for two months before he was born on bed rest etc... but he is now 33... 6ft 3ins, birth weight 7lb 2ozs... now has a very high powered and complicated technical job with British Aerospace (Masters degree in Aerospace systems Engineering) so tell her to chill.. it will be fine... and the more she and everyone else worries the worse it will feel. You are more than welcome to give her my details to chat to... pm me if she would like them!

Love

Daff xxxxx

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 10 Jun 2008 19:31

hi hun the hospital will not induce unless apsolutly nessesary

long as she gets lots of bed rest and is monitored im sure she is going to be fine its not that uncommon nowadays babes so try not to worry

not long now auntie muffy xxx

luv n hugs
stray

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 10 Jun 2008 19:33

Hi Muffy

I know how she feels . I was taken into hospital 6 days before due day as was showing signs of pre e.

At one point a nurse said I could go home - got all ready then another nurse said I couldn't :-(((

I was induced ( 5 times - don't tell your friend ) & in the end had emergency c section ! So had to stay in hospital for another 5 days !!!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 Jun 2008 19:37

i had it with both my children

and they where ok hun

son was over 11lb full term

and stray was prem at over 9lbs

worst part was the stay in the anti natal ward

Kay????

Kay???? Report 10 Jun 2008 19:40

Shes in the best place if she can stay there,,,,rest will help..but it will be fine ,,just stay calm youve not got long to wait now Muffy,,,

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 10 Jun 2008 20:30

I had this Muffy ...the worse is they will start her off..

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 10 Jun 2008 20:34

Thanks everyone.

I'm really wound up. She lives three and a half hours drive away and I feel totally helpless.

Baby is apparently a bit on the small side which they are concerned about........I just hope she comes by herself as soon as possible.

I've had two kids myself but I can't believe how panicky I am for my friend xx

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 11 Jun 2008 17:27

Well I'm pretty shocked.......they've sent her home for now as blood pressure is down slightly so it looks like I'm off for a visit tomorrow. Fingers crossed we're on track for a natural start in the next few days xx

Ladylol Pusser Cat

Ladylol Pusser Cat Report 11 Jun 2008 17:32

all my love to you both its such a anxious time with out all the worry, she is lucky haveing a lovely caring friend xxx

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 11 Jun 2008 17:34

That's good news:))))

Enjoy your visit and fingers crossed everything goes well for her.

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 11 Jun 2008 20:05

Thanks everyone...........

She's ok but the visit is off for tomorrow ......she has a hospital appointment at 2 o'clock ish and there is still a chance she may have to go back in.........depending on the scan result.....so I don't want to be doing the 3 plus hour drive just to turn around and come back again if she's kept in.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH so frustrating!!!!.

Hoping to still make it for friday and saturday if she's not taken in but I spent the day getting the girls stuff ready for school and stuff packed up and route planned etc etc.Needn't have knocked myself out !!! I have to admit I'll feel better if she goes back in just for peace of mind but she's fed up with it as you can imagine. xx

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Jun 2008 20:09

Know how you feel Muffy,,,we are coping with a small problem at the moment,,,