General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

He's been cooked

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ann

ann Report 12 Jun 2008 20:56

I am due to become a grannie again to little Stanley in August.My d/i/l has started the first signs of labour tonight.She reckons by her dates she is only a month early but i am very worried.We have nothing ready and i have just ran out and bought the bottles,got the moses basket out of the loft.Got the washing machine going for the moses basket covers and all his new vests and babygros i have bought him.Just wiped my forehead with the back of my hand and hopeing i dont get a call in the middle of the night to have there 2 little girls lol Annie

Maddiecow

Maddiecow Report 12 Jun 2008 21:02

Can you not go over and stay the night Grannie? That way if she does come on the little girls wont be disrupted? Mind yu could be those what you call em braxton hicks or soemthing?

Harpstrings

Harpstrings Report 12 Jun 2008 21:06

How exciting - good luck one and all.
Maddie you could be right it might be a false alarm.

Tina xx

ann

ann Report 12 Jun 2008 21:07

Maddiemoo,She has been to the hospital twice this week as she is in a lot of pain and can hardly walk.They told her the head was engaged and he does not have a lot of room.She is very tiny and only a size 2 shoe.So i think he is going to be with us over the weekend.I cant stay the night as i am covering my manager in the morning but my eldest grandaughter is staying over with them.But if it happens i will get a phone call whatever time lol. Annie

Muffyxx

Muffyxx Report 12 Jun 2008 21:07

Hopefully it's just a false alarm but I feel for you. These babies just have no consideration do they? :0)

Slow down Stanley.......no rush hon xx

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥

♥**♥Straykitten♥**♥ Report 12 Jun 2008 21:08

aw grannie babies are so special

good luck to your d/i/l

there right hun try and stay calm keep yourself busy

im sure everything is going to be fine

luv
stray
xxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 12 Jun 2008 21:21

Annie, does your life ever go smoothly lol? Hope all goes well whenever little Stanley arrives - one day you might have a peaceful, boring life!!!
Lizxx

Cumbrian Caz~**~

Cumbrian Caz~**~ Report 12 Jun 2008 21:22

I hope all is well, love. is she about 33 weeks? were the others early?

Caz xxx