General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone still awake.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 00:32

?

*Ophelia.taking a break..*

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 00:34

yep....

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 00:36

Hello

Im not alone then.

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 00:38

Im new to this and not 100% on what im supposed to be doing.

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 00:39

you just join in!..quiet at mo...

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 00:45

Have you been a GR member for long. Ive been on since August but only started reading the gen and chat boards recently (when I got my own laptop). Feel a bit strange reading other peoples conversations and not showing myself but never know how to start.

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 00:50

not been here long..Since April..was intially looking up family..and trying to trace an aunt..then started on boards..A good way to start is Adding a thread..and youve done that!...you could always try and think of random facts and post on my thread.. ;)

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 00:54

Funny you should say that I was just looking at your thread and trying to think of something. My OH is a minefield of wierd and wonderful info. He is asleep at the mo but i will get some off him tomorrow and post away.

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 00:55

Did you find the info you were looking for?

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 00:55

Ive been googling facts!! call it cheating..but boy..I have learnt some mad stuff..lol

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 00:57

...yes I did...I found my aunt..and we are now reunited..after 18 yrs..(my mum had passed..in April)..they had lost touch...and I felt it my duty to let her know..Happy ending anyhow

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Jun 2008 00:58

Welcome, Chesty La Rue

Dee x

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 15 Jun 2008 00:58

Hello...one of the few fella's on GR but hey at least I'm awake

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 00:59

morning all!...Chesty newbie..to boards anyhow..

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 01:02

Im glad you found your aunt and sorry about your mum. My mum hasnt spoken to her brother for about 18 years since my wedding, ive thought about trying to reunite them but its a sore subject and i think a lot of stuff went on that i dont know about. My mum is a lovely caring woman and i dont want to hurt her i just think its so sad. He is her only sibling.

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 01:04

~~~my advice..try and intervene before its too late..Life too short..and full of too many regrets~~

Jackie

Jackie Report 15 Jun 2008 01:07

Here, here!

Dee x

Chesty La Rue

Chesty La Rue Report 15 Jun 2008 01:10

Hi guys

Were did you come from? Thank you i am being very brave today and stepping out of the shadows.

Thanks Lilliandot you are right one thing ive learnt reading post on here is to be brave i might regret it if i do but i will regret it if i dont and have to make the call you did.

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 01:14

~~~best thing I ever did..was get in contact with my aunt..out of something sad..hope was born..I have gained cousins..a new family..

*Ophelia.taking a break..* Report 15 Jun 2008 01:18

~~~Dont be a wallflower..Chesty La Rue...